Storm in Broken Bay footage

locodave

thats crazy..."30 nautical miles from shore in a 22 foot centre console with mother nature in an angry mood"

you can hear em say stay calm, stick together, get the epirb out. Sounds like they were in constant comms with the coastguard.

id need some new undies after that !

Scary stuff, hate to be out there in the size tinnies that some fishos use to go wide.

Wonder why they did not try to outrun it from the start? The initial footage appears to show the boat stationary.

Shows the value of keeping an eye on the weather at all times.

Cheers

Paikea

looking at the date, id say it was that day where the massive southerly came through out of nowhere and caught everyone by surprise.

they'd prob been fishing most of the day and the only way back home was through the storm

Guest Aussie007

dave one of the guys posted that the other day in my storm thread on a boat building web site he was on board that boat, looks crazy but than again they are game fisherman so they'll ride anything out lol

I remember being about 5mile out from the mouth of the Hawkesbury in a 15 foot Bermuda cuddy and watching a storm further out to sea heading south , thinking we dodged a bullet and missed It we fished on only to realise 20 or so minutes later it had circled around back over land and coming straight towards us from the Hawkesbury area :( . In a massive panic bringing in lines and anchor we forgot a line which was now heavily wrapped around the prop and stalling the motor... luckily a minute or so in reverse freed it enough to get the motor to run in forward and we were on our way into shore and through this mofo storm . We were pretty calm until we had forty foot boats passing us heading back to land, we then suddenly felt very very small out there in our boat.

End result we got back to calmer water to ride it out, and the Bermuda handled the conditions beautifully thank god.

Thankfully we have better technology these days to monitor the weather better :) .

Edited by GaryO

I was out there fishing the same comp that weekend of broken bay but I was fishing on a 40ft game boat still hairy

Crazy footage they did the right thing pointing the nose of boat straight into the storm and ride it out

You can't run the storm they were saying 60-70 knot winds when it hit

A few pictures of our weekendPosted ImagePosted Image

Sticky beak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk