Kings, Tunas and PB Marlin with Video.

Formosan

Great fish boys that would of been the fight of your life can't wait for the video

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Thanks... the first 5 minutes were very exciting.

Well done and congrats! It's the first you'll never forget. Now when you think fishing in your sleep, all you'll hear is that line screaming!

Great work guys! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Mr Moderator..that's sweet lullaby.

Well done, you'll sleep well tonight. However, might be too sore to get out of bed in the morning. Cracker fish and pictures.

Still abit sore..thanks for the comment.

Wow congratulations and well done! A stickface on your first attempt, lucky you!

How far off the heads was that?

Thanks..I was about 14 kms out.

Stands and applauds*

That is a tremendous effort on a 6000. I didn't even think that was possible. I would have thought you would have been spooled before the boat even got the engine started. Ultimate fish on 'light gear' hehe. It doesn't get better than that!

Luc.

Thanks for recognising this mate.I was very lucky..Appreciate the comment.

Great read mate. Great effort on light gear. Great achievement on your first attempt. Great, just great!

Thanks mate.

We'll done guys never forget that what a rush

Cheers Mangus.

Awsome work mate gotta ask how the hell did you get that thing in the boat!

Andrenaline rush i guess and 3 people nearly bust a gut.got it over the side.

That's insane Tony , congrats on a awesome fish :drunk:

Thanks..Killer.

What a buzz ,congratulations mate

Congratulations guys not everyday you catch a marlin on spin gear. Well done. Im yet to crack that milestone. If you don't mind me asking how far approx where you and how big was the skirt?

Regards

vo2c88

Yes..I hope you get yours soon. 14 ms out and a 6 Inch Williamson skirt.

What a catch! Good work mate!

Thanks..Good luck tomorrow.

Tony - fantastic catch and footage!

All the better that you go it on spin gear...

Bet you are still smiling.... :)

Congrats buddy.. see you out wide from now!

Trung

Thanks Trung. Congrats to you guys as well. Cant let you and Peter have all the fun :). yep seeya out wide.

Well done on landing your first marlin, you won't forget that anytime soon!

Thanks Andrew..I was very inspired by your capture a few years ago on spin gear .

What a great fish! Congrats mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Danrob

Speechless

Congratulations boys, how you have the composer to do such a good job videoing when so much else is going on is a real credit to you guy's

How wide were you, what kind of spead were you running?

Best regards David

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks Simda..We take our videoing seriously. LOL. It is just good to keep it for memory sake and watch it back in a few years time. 14 kms out.Just had 2 skirts out.

Edited by Formosan

Magical day, well done

Harry

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

Thanks mate

Well done mate, each one of those species are a success, that marlin wont be forgotten in a hurry either!

Amazing fish!!

yes certainly wont. Thanks

WOW!! What pound line?

70lb braid and 100lb leader,

Can you still hear the line screaming Tony

Yeh I do..hehe

Congratulations guys, Fantastic achievement and a fish many of us want to tick off our list. All the more special to do it on light tackle, with friends in you own boat. looks like nice conditions for the fight too. great pics.

Thanks Chewie..yeh all the above make it special.

Awsum footage ! Great catch Well done . Happy Days :clapping:

Cheers Oziodin :1fishing1:

Thanks Mate

Amazing work boys!

Cheers! Egg-Soup

Well done mate ! There out there !! Took me 2 years to get my first marlin , then caught three in a month !! Persistence pays off !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Nick..once u crack it many will come? Good to know.

wow great catch guys thought it was you at the ramp on sunday

must have been a great rush :)

Thanks..Were you there? didn't see you. Would of said Hi.

Great catch guys really, awesome job, after breaking a milestone like that what's next

Thanks Bailey.. Whatever comes I guess.

Hey Tony it's been a while between posts and what a cracker. You've gone from kings to snapper to marlin. What a legend.

What sort of depth and lure did you get the beauty on.

Cheers

Daniel

Cheers Dan..thanks for the comment.145m and williamson skirts.

Well done Tony, nice underwater footage. It looked like you were very close to being spooled!! you all did awesome to land it.

Congrats on your first marlin!! You wont forget that one in a hurry

Went out monday in search of a beakie to no avail. Couldnt find the water temps you guys were in. Got a feed of dollies, so definitely witth the trip.

It was hooked on the neck and bleeding pretty bad, after a long fight..It doesn't look like it will live. So we kept it and fed about 7 families.

Will try to release the next one.

Congrats Tony, it's not illegal to take a marlin home especially your first one. You're not out there every day. I'll be doing the same if I have that chance. So well done!!

gonfishing

Congrats on a great fish!! Thats fish is the perfect eating size. Those seven families would have been very well fed. Cant wait to get a nice little black like that and have a massive family feast too!!

Congrats again buddy! Maybe next time I'll follow you out wide instead of being so hung up on trying to getting big kings! =)

Congrats Tony, it's not illegal to take a marlin home especially your first one. You're not out there every day. I'll be doing the same if I have that chance. So well done!!

gonfishing

Well said mate!

My family was one of those 7 families that had some of that marlin. I was there when Tony was sharing the fish, and I kid you not, every single bit was shared around, not a bit went to waste.

Well done Tony, nice underwater footage. It looked like you were very close to being spooled!! you all did awesome to land it.

Congrats on your first marlin!! You wont forget that one in a hurry

Went out monday in search of a beakie to no avail. Couldnt find the water temps you guys were in. Got a feed of dollies, so definitely witth the trip.

Hey Mike..thanks..nice meeting you the other day. Yeh line was getting low...had to chase it.

At least you still getting the big dollies.

Great catch,the stuff dreams are made of.

Congrats to you and your crew. :clapping:

Regards Deano

Thanks Swano.

gonfishing

Thanks Meng..was well within my bag limit :)

Congrats on a great fish!! Thats fish is the perfect eating size. Those seven families would have been very well fed. Cant wait to get a nice little black like that and have a massive family feast too!!

Thanks Pete ..And for the tips a few days before. :)

I ws out today. got stripes and Mahi, If got a marling it was coming home Period!

That's if you can pull it into the boat :).

Congrats again buddy! Maybe next time I'll follow you out wide instead of being so hung up on trying to getting big kings! =)

Well said mate!

My family was one of those 7 families that had some of that marlin. I was there when Tony was sharing the fish, and I kid you not, every single bit was shared around, not a bit went to waste.

Thanks mate... Show us your kings.