Clyde River

Tulz

Has anyone fished the Clyde River lately and if so what has been in the chew? Heading there on Wednesday targeting Jewies and Flathead but I always like to keep my options open.

Also, has there been much in the way of baitfish around? Yakkas around the bridge or Mullet upriver?

Cheers

mate was their for a weeks holiday two weeks ago......all i got were sharks and rays. biggest shark i never saw but with an almost locked drag on a saltiga surf 6000 got smoked lol. from what ive heard from down there they are still around pestering the jew fishos. hope you have better luck than i did

Cheers mate. I've heard there has been a few sharks around up the river but that was back in February. Interesting to hear they're still around. Probably a lot if bait up there then.

yeah i found the bait all the way from the entrance up to nelligen. on bait(live and fresh caught squid) i got sharks and rays, plastics were smashing the flathead. no jewies this year lol.

was thinking of going down again in may

hopefully you will find the jews if thats what your after. pm me if you do please. may i suggest soft vibes for flatties and whip baits in black and gold, actually any plastic with a paddle tail seemed to do the trick.

Will do mate. Giving it a good nudge so if I don't get any it won't be from lack of trying.

Yeah I find the black gold squidgies seem to do the trick on Flathead and Jewies. They'll be given a good run.