Tld50 or Trynos50

njsconst

I am looking at getting ready for the tuna season and going to upgrade from my Tld25's.

I have been looking at either the Tld50 2 speed or the Trynos50 2 speed. They are roughly the same dollars but just after some feedback as to what is the better reel?

And no I can't afford the Tiagras!

Any feedback or opinions would be great.

I got a tld25 a couple of months back. As it seemed the best value for money lever drag. I had 600m spare of 60lb power pro so spoiled with that.

The next time I was in the tackle shop I was told the line was not sutible as the top out at 12kg drag and aren't designed for heavy work. Got to say I'm now slightly disappointed.

......... SaltWaterDog

The tld 15-25 are pretty standard, wouldn't run heavy braid on them though... The tld 30-50 have a drag n handle up grade making them much better when they were years ago... However I would go the tyrnos, little bit heavier but looks better, feels better n drag cuve seem smoother then the tlds. Own a few tyrnos never had a problem with them

• 2 months later...

The TLDs are great reels but the Tyrnos is just another step up before the Tiagra. Tiagras are too heavy for cubing for hours anyhow. Both TLD and Tyrnos will catch Tuna :) Tyrnos possibly being a slightly smoother overhead.