Rozelle bay with new setup: Success!

Witha

G'day raiders! So as I was sitting at home diligently (attempting) to get some uni work done, my 4.4lb fireline exceed arrived for my new sustain 1000/nitro ultralight breaming kit :)

Well, that ended the uni work...spooled the girl up(damn this thing lays line well) and hopped in the car for the quick drive to rozelle bay.

Got there, immediately noticed I'd have to perfect my leader knots as the guides are quite small and the fireline is different to tie with than normal braid.

Popped on a 1/32 jig and a gulp 2in prawn and flung out. Snagged. Ohwell. the rod is quite stiff in the tip which I like but still supple. Great feel to it :)

rigged up again, second cast ever and I'm onto a horse of a bream! First time using a really good quality reel and damn the drag is so smooth. Having downgraded to 4lb I had the drag set probably a bit too light and it was singgging. Well. Got colour, easily a pb bream. Then it bricked me on the rock wall just as I was going to bring it up. Grr. But the confidence was definitely high!

Rigged up again, got smashed by this gorgeous flatty :)gepezyne.jpg

Good test of the fireline and handled easily even though this thing did some semi-aerial head shakes and runs.

Hit the still of high tide and managed this nice little one tooheqasa8a.jpg

The runout began and swapped to a little pumpkinseed gulp grub, then the magic moment: twitch twitch SMACK off runs the line but the drag was set properly this time and up pops a lovely brran. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. aze3etan.jpg

All in all couldn't ask for a better way to christen the thing, both my main species tested out in an hour and a half :)

Thanks for reading guys.

Cheers

Witha.

P.s. the fireline exceed is reallly thin and casts beautifully for those who were following the braid choices thread

Edit add pic of bream

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by Witha

Well done mate.

It's the best feeling when you get a new rig or line and you get a good fish.

Thanks mate! Yeah definitely brightened my day!

Keep the mojo coming for tomorrow mate. Well done. When I'm financial, I'll have to get me some of that magic braid!

Here's hoping!

Yeah see how it fares on the long term. Not too bad on price bout 40 bucks for 300m from fleabay

Great report Witha! What a way to christen the combo! I regret selling it now lol! Looking forward to reading more of your reports. Well done brother

Haha thanks man! And no you can't have it back :P getting rather attached to it :)

Good stuff witha! It's great feeling christening a new setup and having some success!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks mate! Nothin beats new toys!

Fantastic effort and a new combo to boot and I can see it is NEW the way the plastic is still on the cork grips :bleh:

Haha well spotted! they've come off now that it's been blooded :P a little ritual I have

Well done. I thought them grips looked shiney. Is that braid limp or stiff like the old fireline

Thanks dave g, and flickn, it's pretty stiff at the moment compared to braided lines eg sunline. I've been told it will limpen up after some good usage. Didn't use old fireline so can't compare but yes slightly stiff and has a bit of memory at the moment. I'll chuck a review of it up after some more trips :)

Great work Witha! I love christening my new gear on good fish, it gets me all excited for the future of the outfit. I do like the look of the sustain, I bet it handled those fish extremely well. What size leader were you using for the bream? Was it a 4lb also?

Congrats mate and I hope you love it as much as the impression I am getting from you.

Luc.

Great work Witha! I love christening my new gear on good fish, it gets me all excited for the future of the outfit. I do like the look of the sustain, I bet it handled those fish extremely well. What size leader were you using for the bream? Was it a 4lb also? 

Congrats mate and I hope you love it as much as the impression I am getting from you.

Luc.

Thanks mate! nah still 6 lb leader mate haven't quite got the confidence for 4, and with so many flatties as bycatch dunno If I'm game to risk it...even though I think my hit rate would go up :( that and the area I was in required leader - lifting them up the rocks. If I swap to 4 for the flats etc I'll have to remeber me net! Sustain is beautiful mate, a gorgeous reel. It's in for a service today (old lubes / may have got it sliiiightly too wet fishing with GreyNurse) so hopefully it comes back just as smooth...

Witha,

I didn't tell you that I dunked my Gladiator last Wednesday. The second immersion in 2 months. I decided to dismantle it today and it was as dry as a bone inside. I relubed it at the wear points and reassembled it. It's performing as good as new.

Witha,

I didn't tell you that I dunked my Gladiator last Wednesday. The second immersion in 2 months. I decided to dismantle it today and it was as dry as a bone inside. I relubed it at the wear points and reassembled it. It's performing as good as new.

Ahh! So it wasn't just me :P very well done on the service. I've had that sienna 2500 I was using submersed and serviced it myself with mixed results, I think mainly due to too much grease on my part. Wasn't quite up to doing my new expensive one myself. Practicing more on my cheapies first :) dunked the sienna 1000 that I lost overboard and did it myself with great results, so hopefully my skills are improving. For 20 bucks at shimano in taren point I figured it was worth it for the sustain...good to know the gladiator is faring well! You've put me on the baitrunner path with that one

Great outcome , It's all in the Planning & it couldn't be any Sweeter Christening of you new  setup. Well-done.

Cheers   Oziodin   :fishing1:  

Nice start to the new gear and nice fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers guys :) lookin forward to my next outing!