Tailor schooling

SgtBundy

Last night I seemed to have gained the attention of a school of chopper tailor, it wasn't hard to just cast out and get a hit and hook up. But all were constantly undersize getting as big as 26cm.

Do tailor schools tend to be all similar sized and was I just wasting my time and bait pulling choppers hoping for a larger one? It was entertaining with their hard hits but a little disappointing to have no take home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something that would take a live legal tailor would be interesting on a 2500 reel with 6lb mono. Short, but interesting :)

Should have my heavier rig next week.

But as per the original question, are the larger tailor likely to be on the harbour mixing with those sorts of choppers, or should I have tried to change up to avoid them?

Last night I seemed to have gained the attention of a school of chopper tailor, it wasn't hard to just cast out and get a hit and hook up. But all were constantly undersize getting as big as 26cm.

Do tailor schools tend to be all similar sized and was I just wasting my time and bait pulling choppers hoping for a larger one? It was entertaining with their hard hits but a little disappointing to have no take home.

I ran into a school of tailor a few years back at Port Kembla, and they were all over sized, ranging from 33-40cm. It was quite nuts, the second the pillie hit the water I was on, so it was a matter of how fast I could rig the next pillie lol Great eating fish btw, lemons salt n pepper wrapped in foil on the bbq, I'm hungry now...

I ran into a school of tailor a few years back at Port Kembla, and they were all over sized, ranging from 33-40cm. It was quite nuts, the second the pillie hit the water I was on, so it was a matter of how fast I could rig the next pillie lol Great eating fish btw, lemons salt n pepper wrapped in foil on the bbq, I'm hungry now...

Taylor are a much underrated fish to eat. Possibly due to people not bleeding them as soon as caught and/or leaving them for a couple of days in the fridge or worse, the freezer. But "lemons salt n pepper wrapped in foil on the bbq," the day that they are caught or evn the next morning for breakfast. Yum!

Cheers

Paikea