Port stephens charters

james3210

Hi All,

Just a few quick question for all the expert out there:

1) Good charter for kingfish in Port Stephens?

2) Good landbase spots for squids and yakkas in Port Stephens?

3) Good spots for live baiting off the rocks?

Will be heading there in one month time.

Thank you all.

Cheers.

Livebaiting from Tomaree headland is the gun place to fish there. You will have to be on the rocks by 4am at the latest to secure the nice high platform which can easily handle 3 live baits at any given time.

To access this place,drive and park for Zenith Beach. You will have to locate the walking track that starts at the gabian walls just inside the hospital. The track leads up several hundred metres and goes around the right hand side of Tonaree Headland. this track takes you to the front and down an easy approach to the two platforms that are there.it takes about 20 minutes to walk from the carpark.

Live bait is usually pretty easy to find by using bait jigs with a small snapper lead and cast as far as posible. you will soon fill your bait bucket/pool with slimies or yakkas. you can expect anything from Cobia, any form of Tuna, to Shark. Good luck all the same, and i usually fish 10kg and up for here.

Edited by Wes

Livebaiting from Tomaree headland is the gun place to fish there. You will have to be on the rocks by 4am at the latest to secure the nice high platform which can easily handle 3 live baits at any given time.

To access this place,drive and park for Zenith Beach. You will have to locate the walking track that starts at the gabian walls just inside the hospital. The track leads up several hundred metres and goes around the right hand side of Tonaree Headland. this track takes you to the front and down an easy approach to the two platforms that are there.it takes about 20 minutes to walk from the carpark.

Live bait is usually pretty easy to find by using bait jigs with a small snapper lead and cast as far as posible. you will soon fill your bait bucket/pool with slimies or yakkas. you can expect anything from Cobia, any form of Tuna, to Shark. Good luck all the same, and i usually fish 10kg and up for here.

Thanks heaps for the advice bro. I hope sharks are having a day off when I'm there coz Im chasing a feed :)