Good Friday - Offshore Sydney

Hey, heading out Good Friday, we probably won't go a long way out due to the westerly. I am taking out one of my kids out so we stay in closer where its not too rough. Maybe go out about 8-10 NM or just inside the shelf then head back before the wind picks up in the afternoon.

We be listening and broadcasting on 22 if there is anyone heading out, our call sign is Happy Hooker.

we'll let you know how we go

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

I'll be taking my son and his mate out as well. Thinking of heading towards the Hacking FAD depending on the weather but if it blows up early might just stay close for a flathead fish. Will be on 21 boat name Chowster.

I'll be taking my son and his mate out as well. Thinking of heading towards the Hacking FAD depending on the weather but if it blows up early might just stay close for a flathead fish. Will be on 21 boat name Chowster.

Yep next week for me , if all goes well, the fads for me.

Tuesday for me will be heading for the sydney fad

Hey how did yous all go today? And how was the weather, might be going out sunday if the swell eases.

Sam

I didn't make the FADs. Had a late start and need to be in early but jagged one off some weed on the way out. Only small but water was good and heard a few on the FADS getting them. Where are you going from?

I couldn't get wide but I know there were fish on the Hacking FAD at least. Check your PMs.

got out there today, I took my son, dan and my mate dingo. My poor kid got sea sick, he threw up twice, but he was a trooper and hung in there for the whole day.

Lots of swell and a reasonably strong westerly out wider. We went NE past the fads. Manly Hydraulics had about 6 boats around it, we didn't see anyone hook up and we didn't want to hassle the boats on it so we just trolled past it going towards the shelf. We got to about 10nm out and it started getting a fair bit rougher so we headed back in closer where there was less chop. Didn't see any other boats out wider. All we got was 4 small dollies just anywhere and 1 small stripped tuna. We did get a knock down on 12 inch lure which could have been a bigger fish, but we also caught some pretty small dollies on 12 inch lures recently, so who knows. 1 dollie was caught on the MH fad on the way back, so the fads are still holding fish.

Water temp straight out of the heads is 23 plus and it was like that all the way out, really blue water, but it seemed that fish were a little shut down today for some reason, maybe because of the westerly.

So the water is still really warm and there are definitely smaller fish there, so there is no reason there wouldn't be marlin and bigger fish amongst them. I would say Sunday, Monday, Tuesday look like better days with the wind and swell dropping,

If you get out there let us know how you go?

We stuck it out and wind dropped right off at the hydraulic. Kept four each up to 80 on unweighted baits, only small fish hitting lures. Had two yakkas and they lasted about 5 seconds. Also hooked a few rats to 63 that put up a good fight, bit of a wake up after the dollies, reckon they could pull one backwards!

Happy easter.

We stuck it out and wind dropped right off at the hydraulic. Kept four each up to 80 on unweighted baits, only small fish hitting lures. Had two yakkas and they lasted about 5 seconds. Also hooked a few rats to 63 that put up a good fight, bit of a wake up after the dollies, reckon they could pull one backwards!

Happy easter.

good stuff, all our fish were all on lures and all small, one was tiny maybe 30cm. Yeah kings are definitely a better fight. Dollies are good on light soft rods, they're good fun on spin gear. I reckon pound for pound striped tuna are a really good fight.