catching live bait in botany

shadz

Guest stephanb79

Does anyone know where a good spot is in botany bay to catch live bait fish Or any ideas on what rig works best

yarra bay in front of the break wall is a start

mollineux where the tugs are birthed are good for yakkas

Isn't this area out of bounds? Not too long ago I was told by port authorities that area north of the green marker at molineaux point & third runway green marker are restricted zones.. But I've seen boats around the corner near the tug boats as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one seems to be able to give a definitive answer on that, i fish there all the time. The worse they can do is ask you to move on.

Iv never been asked to move from there, if you stay we'll away from the tugs you shouldn't have a problem...

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

No one seems to be able to give a definitive answer on that, i fish there all the time. The worse they can do is ask you to move on.

Yea it seems like they are tolerant if you don't wonder off too far or don't get too close to things although the maps clearly indicate this area as a restricted zone. Although, port authorities can report you to NSW maritime and get your license suspended I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is actually marked as a no boating zone on some maps, I've only come across a couple of stories of people being asked to move and nobody has recorded being fined from what I have seen. Use at your own risk I guess.

Guest Aussie007

Looks like it might be a decent jew spot around there too, anyone tried? Ive caught a few rat kings in there.

we caught a jewie there not to long ago it took a dead yakkas on the bottom

ive been asked to move from that location from the yellow port security boat