Maianbar Landbased

paggles

arrived at maianbar about 10.30 just on the rising tide and pumped out a bucketfull of nippers then headed over to the beach facing the ocean.....

picked a nice little spot right in front of a "keep speed under 4 knots past this point" sign and had nippers wriggling by 11.30ish..

i had a bite as soon as i threw in then after an hour or so i had my first whiting for the day.....if i threw to the right side of the sign the bait would get hit strait away, i got 6 whiting of 6 nippers (all undersized) :ranting2: but if i threw to the left and waited a while the bigger fish would bite :biggrin2: , i ended up keeping 5 decent whiting the biggest measuring 32cm and 1 flounder....

left just before sundown forgetting that tides rise and the walk i took in had me in knee deep water so to get out my trip home was going to have to be a very cold one :frozen: but who cares....i caught decent fish :yahoo:

what a great day and the lemon garlic whiting went down a treat :thumbup:

pags

post-971-1125326776_thumb.jpg

p.s. can someone please help.....im having trouble posting some pics because they are to big :throw:MORE PICS DOWN BELOW

Edited by paggles

Guest bluecod

Nice work on the whiting Paggles, very hard to go past a feed of whiting fillets :thumbup:

Apparently you can resize your photos in Windows, but as I run an old version I wouldn't be able to tell you where to start. I got some freeware from Google Downloads called "Picasa" that is a photo organiser, editor and resizer. Download it from the Google site and then follow the instructions. For the price its a top bit of software.

Nice work Paggles. I fish there a fair bit (landbased also). There has been heaps of undersize whiting around there lately.I normally take 2 rod and cast out 1 with a nipper and flick around some sp's with the other. Have picked up some nice flatties on bass minnows.

Might have to try to meet up down there one day.

:1fishing1::1fishing1:

G'day mate,

Great fish, must have tasted beaut!

For downsizing pics, get an account at www.photobucket.com they automatically downsize them and host them for you so al you have to do is post the url in bettween [/img] and you get the picture to show in your post!

thanx for the help fellas that picasa program did the job :thumbup: heres a few more pics for your enjoyment :biggrin2:

post-971-1125371709_thumb.jpg

post-971-1125371683_thumb.jpg

and the big boy on his own

post-971-1125371750_thumb.jpg

stephen my mate and i will be down there on saturday....come and say gday....also what part of the beach is best for flatties..........?

peace

pags

Well done paggles, i plan on heading down to mainbar in the next few weeks to fish of the bar  :1fishing1:

64618[/snapback]

you wont be dissapointed landlubber its a great little spot the whiting are hot and the wheather is getting warmer :yahoo:

pags

my mate is picking me up from the airport sat 1230pm then we are heading down to the bar asap!!!  :biggrin2:

do u get very wet????

cheers subynick

clown

screw the bar bro...lets go fishing..we can take a few cans with us and stay there into the night :thumbup: ill drive :risata:

you get as wet as the tide says..... :ranting2:

pags iztha

p.s.dont forget the tent

stephen my mate and i will be down there on saturday....come and say gday....also what part of the beach is best for flatties..........?

might not be able to make it this weekend,what time saturday(havnt checked the tides).

With the flatties i have had success-to the right of the red marker bouy,there is a little channel that comes in and has a sandbar that runs across the front of it.

-I have also caught some, to the left of the red bouy(approx 50m) where there is another little channel. Have also had some big hits on soldier crabs(plenty there),but i am still playing around with setup(hook size,type etc....)

post-396-1125389537_thumb.jpg

a maianbar whiting 37cm(caught on a crab)

post-396-1125389416_thumb.jpg

My boy with a little Maianbar Bream

Edited by stephen.h

might not be able to make it this weekend,what time saturday(havnt checked the tides).

With the flatties i have had success-to the right of the red marker bouy,there is a little channel that comes in and has a sandbar that runs across the front of it.

-I have also caught some, to the left of the red bouy(approx 50m) where there is another little channel. Have also had some big hits on soldier crabs(plenty there),but i am still playing around with setup(hook size,type etc....)

64635[/snapback]

im picking my mate up from the airport at 12 so probally 1.30ish...can you camp there overnight and is it safe....?

ill give the flatties a go this weekend...i think i know the bouy your talking about(its a decent cast away right?)ill keep the crabs that come up with the nippers and use them for the flatties :biggrin2:

thanks for the tips stephen and the pics are great..that whiting came close to being a record(i would have let him swim around my pool until he hits 44cm's)

pags

Edited by paggles

paggles you looney i meant bar as in maianbar, screw the beer when there is fishing to be done and even better well do both at the same time!!!! :biggrin2:

yeah i think you should drive!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

gtg, going out for dinner speak later.....

peace out bro

subynic

I normaly go a low tide,and walk right out to the main channel.The red bouy is on the right hand edge of the main sand bank,near the small channel entrance.It is only a few metres out from the edge of the sandbar(not far).It is only a small bouy.

As for camping im not sure,but have seen people camped there before.

P.s My avatar is also a picture of maianbar,my boy with a small whiting.

Edited by stephen.h

I normaly go a low tide,and walk right out to the main channel.The red bouy is on the right hand edge of the main sand bank,near the small channel entrance.It is only a few metres out from the edge of the sandbar(not far).It is only a small bouy.

As for camping im not sure,but have seen people camped there before.

P.s My avatar is also a picture of maianbar,my boy with a small whiting.

64646[/snapback]

i know the bouy your talking about...its right at the end of the bar past the 4 knot per hour sign...im there this saturday :thumbup:

keep the pics coming i say

cheers

pags

Just wondering, whats the best way to get to Mainbar by car/foot to pump nippers??  Whats the best entrance spot?? eg road name etc

Thanks, Brett

64788[/snapback]

You have to go through the royal national park on the princess highway(i get on the pr highway through cronulla on acacia road)...you will go through a small tollbooth for the national park that you DO NOT have to pay at, you go strait through to maianbar...you will see the signs :biggrin2: you end up on maianbar road that goes all the way to the beautiful little heart of maianbar....if you arrive on low tide you will see where the nippers are :1naughty:

pags

Edited by paggles