1 livey 1 fish

Krispy !

Hey raiders, headed to the harbour today for a quick session, only took 1 rod, the plan was to get some squid and send them out for a king. Couldn't get a squid to save my life so had to resort to scavenging bits of left over bait by other fishos and a kind fisho donating a small hook. Got a small yakka on the last bit of bait I had so quickly rigged up with a 3/0 livebait hook and pinned the yakka in the nose. I planned on swimming the yakka on the surface for a while for it to recover but as soon as it touched the water a massive bonito came in and smacked it I front of me, I quickly free spooled letting the bonito get it down then closed the bail and was on. The reel was quickly buzzing with the line shooting all over the place, I could tell the difference between this Bonny and other ones I had caught before, it was much heavier and didn't give up at all, even when he came in close it was hard to turn him away as every time he came up for a net shot he was quickly off again. Eventually he tired out and after a few nervous moments was netted. A nice big bonito going 71 cm and a land based PB bonito for me, I was stoked so quickly bled it and left for home looking forward to some sashimi which I will be having shortly.

post-11865-0-78654000-1397987677_thumb.jpg

Edited by Krispy !

I don't suppose you got a pic of it with a tape measure? That's a 2nd place record on bait here at fishraider. That's a great catch on the one and only livey you had.

Well done krispy.

Luc.

Unfortunately no measure, was pretty unprepared as this was a last minute trip

Harbour is pretty big. Care to share where abouts for the purpose of the report.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Krispy could i have co-ordinates pls.....i did say pls, just remembered we discussed this spot a while ago. cheers buddy

It's no secret spot lol all ill say is its within the vicinity of the harbour bridge but you can get bonito like that all over the harbour