Rippin It Up @ Lake St Clair

Lance.S

Hi Guys :biggrin2:

It's been a while since I have had the time to actually do a bit of a post, so I thought I would head up to Lake St Clair with & do a bit of mandatory product testing & hopefully get a couple of pics.

During the drive up I was thinking through a couple of attack plans for the day, as you do. And I was actually thinking (or should that be fearing) that the bass would probably still be lurking in the depths in their usual winter pattern.

I found a lot of fish on the sounder that were suspended all over the place from top to bottom. When I finally got one slow rolling on a grass minnow in watermelon-pearl I noticed it hit it at only about 3 metres deep.

With this in mind, I thought I may as well give the edges a go.

So, to cut a long post short, with two of us on board we ended up landing 8 bass & to my surprise 3 yellowbelly that smacked the VT65's so hard they wouldv'e pulled any one of the bass backward, jeez they were really fired up. Sure shows spring is finally on us.

All fish including the yella's were taken on VT65's & VT55's, except the one on the grass minnow.

Anyways, Cheers,

Lance.

post-487-1125400064_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lance.S

Gday Lance,

sounds like a top day on the water!!!!! :thumbup:

How good is it that the weather is starting to bring the fish out!!! :biggrin2:

Not sure if its my pc but i can only see the top of your hat!! :mad3: bloody computers!!! :throw:

anyway ill keep trying to see the pic...

cheers

subynick..........

:1fishing1:

Lance wish id had the time off work to come with you and get into those bass.

Thats one top looking pic aswell, it looks like your standing infront of another pic.

Did you manage to do any topwater work while you where there? :thumbup: