DOLLIES BB FAD

mrpasqualie

Went to the marks for BB Fad Saturday morning in a lumpy sea to find it about 3 ks south of where it was a month ago. plenty of nice size dollies about, along with a couple of I suspect hefty striped tuna takes on the skirts, which I couldnt stop.

Kept a few dollies for the table.

recommend fennel puree as an accompaniement.

post-2438-0-31243400-1398654594_thumb.jpg

I remember you, the 'trawler' thing, you trolled around the outside for quite awhile before coming in close and drifting past like ourselves and the other boat (i'm assuming you weren't in that smaller black boat that went much wider). I was in the dark green cat with the white half-cab hard top. Looks like it's got some grunt that thing of yours! smashing through the waves! - although the guy at the front looked like he nearly left his feet a couple of times.(haha)

Glad you got a few anyway, plenty there, we certainly did. Curiously the terrigal fad was surprisingly barren that day (we went there next). Maybe those strikes you got were yellowfin given what that guy on the "Fun at BB Fad" thread said ...

We've been eating indonesian fish curry all week - lots of lime, chilli, coconut cream, fish sauce, palm sugar, soy sauce etc into a blended onion/tomato/garlic/sesame/macadamia base with a bit of tumeric turned in peanut oil at the start of the cooking to give the curry a yellow colour (slices of ginger and sticks of lemongrass too please). Simmered it for an hour or so then added diced boneless mahi mahi fillets about 25 mins before serving. - then a few greens about 5 mins before. Served with steamed rice and a shredded shallot/coriander/dutch chilli garnish. It was the MKR final night - pete would have given me a 10 i'm sure. cheers

Lol @ doublebarrel. Mate you gotta be in the wrong industry. You got me drooling by the end of your thread.

nice to see there still hanging around. Went out last Thursday and managed 4 keepers my self. :) keep up the good work boys

Edited by FisH.Hunter

Lol @ doublebarrel. Mate you gotta be in the wrong industry. You got me drooling by the end of your thread.

nice to see there still hanging around. Went out last Thursday and managed 4 keepers my self. :) keep up the good work boys

Good to see that you take the time to prepare and treasure eating your hard earned fish, we absolutely never freeze fish and only keep what we can eat in a couple of days, and like you watch MKR!!!

Sorry, but have to ask bigjewie, but how can you not stop striped tuna in a boat (i fish for them with 3kg line)- yes they are fast and fight hard - are you sure they weren't the yellowfin that have been lurking around?

Well now that I think about it , the week before I actually caught the largest stripey I had ever seen, and dropped one. This time the first strike took about 100m of 20lb braid and I kept the pressure on , and then he took about another 60m before the hook pulled. Similar thing happened on the way home, both in 70m, they could have well been small yellowfin, no busted line just pulled the hooks.