Bird 1 Fish 0

fragmeister

Wish had a photo of the pelican that swallowed a horse bream I had caught whole.... Full lump in its throat like the cartoons...

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

We were catching some monster carp on the Murray years ago and throwing them up the bank to the pelicans who were catching them and forcing them down their throats, they'd manage to swallow anything below 50cm or so, amazing to see them get them down!

We were catching some monster carp on the Murray years ago and throwing them up the bank to the pelicans who were catching them and forcing them down their throats, they'd manage to swallow anything below 50cm or so, amazing to see them get them down!

And then they give you this really dumb look... Lol

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

That's a cool pic

I've seen pelicans and cormorants swallow some big fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats a cool pic seen pelicans swallow 50cm flatties at jervis bay

Thanks,

So did you guys manage to concentrate on your schoolwork yesterday or did your mind wander off to fishing?

I gave a 80cm Flattie carcass to a Pelican at the ramp a while ago,funniest thing watching it trying to get it down its neck,its neck looked like a Hammerhead.

I always cut up any fish frames that I feed to the Pelicans, would hate to see one get hurt trying to swallow something that is too big for them. And yes they are a guts and will try to eat any size frame tossed to them.

Cheers

Paikea