After Uni Kingfish

Krispy !

Shore based kings - is it pretty much luck of the draw or is there anything special that can be done to increase chances?

In this case it probably was since I just went there with not much preparation just had the right bait and tackle to do the job however if I was to do a proper session from the crack of dawn then there are heaps of variables that would increase your chances. The more variables occurring at the same time the better chance you would have. Things such as moon phase barometric pressure, water quality, water temperature, tides and catching live bait on location are all very important. These aren't set in stone though, heaps of spots and species fire at different times and tides and in different parts of the moon phase. If you go often enough you'll figure out a pattern. The main things to follow are to fish a tide change with livebait preferably during the early morning.

Krispy, which Uni are you at mate and what are you studying? Im studying at Sydney Uni and usually after my short days i head straight back home. I have never considered going for a fish, you've given me a whole new perspective!

Dropped a big one today myself, after hooking bonny after bonny finally a big king smashed my lure only to spit it out right at the boat

i realy hate losein big kings near the boat.. but at leats it makes u go out again the next day