blues

MannY

Got a last minute call, 'lets go fishing’. tired after a 20hr shift from work, said .. meh, what the .. lets go fishing,. I told my mate, there are no crabs… its too cold.. I’ll tag along.. thought might finally catch my first jew

Headed down to the hacking, dirty water, thought crap, I ain't gonna catch a thing tonight!! Nevertheless, lines out to catch some yakka's.

Set out some livies and now time to snooze, thought to myself, I might catch finally catch my first Jew!

About an hr goes by and my line goes tap, pull, sap!. I call it a Jewy, get all excited and land my first blue 65.5cm claw to claw. Rigging up another yakka, my goes crazy, 10 mins later I land its brother blue 0.5cm shorter!

Butterflied a yakka and feel asleep, about 1hr my 6lb screams…. By the familiar head shakes I called it, it was a bream and pull up a nice 37cm bream. 30 minutes later my line crazy again and landed a 35cm bream.

Considering that I slept through of half of it, it was a blast of a fishing trip but sadly no jew

post-9118-0-48063600-1399078541_thumb.jpg

post-9118-0-44627900-1399078549_thumb.jpg

Those crabs are huuuuge, and soooo sooooo tasty. They make a great linguini with a bit of squid and fish along with a few vegies. The bream look nice and healthy too. Even a 20 hour stint at work won't hold us dedicated bunch back from a good time on the water.

Well done mate.

Luc.

great catch buddy any tips on where to drop crab nets in the hacking for those blue swimmers......

The use of nets in the area I fish is prohibited, I use lines... Check the area you want to fish on dpi website before using nets(http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/info/closures/rec-sw-loc/central-coast-index/port-hacking)

Generally we look for the area the tide slows down, I've also seen some guys scoop them up nets as they swim by on the run out. have a read of this article - > http://www.fishraider.com.au/fishing-articles/blue-swimmer-crabs.php. Hopefully it'll help you landing you some huge blue swimmers :)

Cheers,