Swansea Friday night.

spaners

Hello chaps,,look I don't do many fishing reports as I dont often catch much but Friday night was different.Left work at 2.30 pm with me mate ugly Dwain and headed up to Swansea.Was out at the mark by 3.45 pm cubing for Snapper.So in goes a load of pillie cubes as ugly set the anchor.Cast out the first cube,wasn't really paying much attention as I expected to wait about an hour or so before they turned up,boy was I wrong.BANG,over goes the rod,line starts peeling off and I think to myself"hello I think they might be here'.After a short tussle up pops a nice 43cm red and straight into the esky.A couple of casts later I'm in again for another 43cm red.Ugly then lands a nice little 35cm model.Then its a Salmon,Bream,pike etc.Then we are inundated by Yackers which made it hard to get the burley or bait down to the Snapper.Then all hell let loose as we had bust off after bust off,every fish just dove us straight into the reef.So just as the sun had set and the Yackers had thinned out a little my rod bent over and line was being ripped off my Stradic FJ 4000 I turned to Dwain and said this is the one ....after a good fight and keeping him out of the reef after a few runs up pops a nice 63cm Spangled Emperor.

So all in all not a bad little session if I say so my self,Back to the ramp and back at home all cleaned up by 8.0pm.

Rig and stuff.High tide at 4.30pm,1 mtr swell sse,about 3knots of wind from the west and nice and calm.Fishing onto a reef in 8mtr of water cubing with pillies,all pillies cut into 3.Head and tail out as burley middle section went on a 4/0 Mustard Penetrator hook attached to 14lb vanish leader,no weight and 20lb Sunline PE braid on a Stradic FJ 4000 which was on a Shimano Snapper 4-7 kg rod which can also double up as my Jew/king flicking rod.

Well thats it,thanks for reading,Regards Stu.

Will try to post photos from phone.

ps Sorry if I rambled on a bit but I was a bit excited on Friday night....

Edited by wher'd all the fish go

Can anyone tell me how to attach photos from Tapatalk as Im not very good with my new phone yet.Thanks.

post-13961-13992028622043_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Worked it out.Thanks Witha

Edited by wher'd all the fish go

That spangly is huge,and it is a nice feed of reds too. Well done. There may have been a few kings in the mix when you were getting reefed, they do like a dirty fight and there is no better place for that than the nearest reef. Either way it is a great result for an evenings fun.

Luc.