Con Dao Insland (Vietnam)

sleepydragon

Fishing: Con Dao Island (VietNam).

After 6 and 1/2 years dreaming about this trip. My dream came true and it was the most memorial fishing trip I have ever been. 3 Days and 2 nights I and 2 more guys got almost 200Kg variety of species. The weather was perfect. We fished between 50-80m depth and the fish went nut at the middle of changing tide. Mostly they went for live baits. Have a good weekend.

post-13567-0-74791300-1399207545_thumb.jpgpost-13567-0-85070300-1399207616_thumb.jpgpost-13567-0-37040600-1399207722_thumb.jpgpost-13567-0-80176600-1399207810_thumb.jpg

post-13567-0-47700000-1399207922_thumb.jpg

And here I was thinking I was gonna see a bunch of photos with catfish and giant carp... Looks awesome, tell me sleepy dragon, how much did it cost?

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

Hi Mate,

About $500 AUD including food and accommodation (we eat and sleep on the boat) shared between 3 of us for 4 days and 3 nights (we took 3 days 2 nights). Because it was a trawler converted to fishing boat the facilities was poor (No toilet) we used "open air toilet" but in return we had a good service from the deckies each of us had our own personal deckies basically we did not use our fingers to hook the bait or tie knots. We just yell out "Bait or tackle" deckies will serve you to the teeth. You better get the local we can speak Vietnamese to bargain if you want to go there. Air ticket may cost you $150 return.

Cheers

Hi Mate,

About $500 AUD including food and accommodation (we eat and sleep on the boat) shared between 3 of us for 4 days and 3 nights (we took 3 days 2 nights). Because it was a trawler converted to fishing boat the facilities was poor (No toilet) we used "open air toilet" but in return we had a good service from the deckies each of us had our own personal deckies basically we did not use our fingers to hook the bait or tie knots. We just yell out "Bait or tackle" deckies will serve you to the teeth. You better get the local we can speak Vietnamese to bargain if you want to go there. Air ticket may cost you $150 return.

Cheers

$150 return ???

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

Truly amazing.

Dead baits and live baits only?

Wouldve been nice to have some feedbacks on jigging and spinning.

Im heading over Vietnam for 3 weeks in November.

This would definitely be on my list to do with my brother in law and mates in Vietnam.

Con Dao Island is South of Vietnam. $150 return airfare i would assume from Saigon to the Island, not Australia to Vietnam.

Yes $150 cost me but it depends on your luck. I got lucky. Return from Saigon to Con Dao (Not Australia) be real hahaha.

Beat me to it haha

Gonna contact you for some info and connections. Thankyou Chu!

Truly amazing.

Dead baits and live baits only?

Wouldve been nice to have some feedbacks on jigging and spinning.

Im heading over Vietnam for 3 weeks in November.

This would definitely be on my list to do with my brother in law and mates in Vietnam.

Con Dao Island is South of Vietnam. $150 return airfare i would assume from Saigon to the Island, not Australia to Vietnam.

Yes,

Lived only (squids and yakkas) because we don't have dead bait hehehe. I tried jigging and spinning, fish responded very well be careful with jigging (used fluorocarbon leader only, steel or metal leader won't work. Trust me I tried both fluorocarbon leader works ), there were thousand barracuda you may loose a lot of jigs as I did.