Cooks river, not a ghost but still silver!

Witha

G'day raiders, so after the plastic social I've restarted my quest for a jew on plastics, headed out a few times for zip but thats the game! Anyway went down to a patch of the cooks that I hadn't fished before, right near tempe station. I figure if the water is skinny but deep and discoloured theres more chance of a jew moving through right? (No seriously...please tell me I'm on the right track haha). After servicing and topping up my mighty 2500 sienna and 3-5kg stick figure they will be my weapons of choice. 10lb braid 12lb leader. Casting 100mm squidgy fish in silver fox on 3/8th head.

Well after a million casts and past the tide change I was hoping would produce (and losing quiiite a few lures to snags and choppers) I was holding my phone in my hand talking to the gf casually ripping the plastic along when bam finally get hit! I say "baby gimme a minute I'm on!"...and this is where I think I might have to marry this girl...she says "oh great, well call me back once you've landed it and send me a pic!"..damn I'm a lucky bloke.

Anyway wasn't a jew but a 32cm whiting...surpised me no end as it took a huge plastic and fought like buggery. Although on 32 you can see from the photo this thing has weight and girth! Good to see healthy lookin fish in the cooks :)

Posted Image

No more luck after that but I think its a pb whiting for me, in weight if not exact length.

Hopefully get out again tomorrow for another flick maybe on the georges. Wish me luck!

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nice work on the plastics mate and that's a good whiting. I watched a video recently of guys catching jewies in the cooks near where you said you were on plastics. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll get on to em!

Nice work Witha that's a solid healthy looking fish :thumbup:

Congratulations on the PB too!!

Very well done and keep it up mate.

Good luck today on the Georges River.

Ian

P.S. I was showing my young fella the photos of the Social and he saw you and said "That's Witha"

Fighty whiting. ....nuce work mate...thats an agressive fish

Tight lines!, Shakeel

Cheers mate! Yup never expected it to take a huge padddletail! Must be all the chemicals givin them extra courage :P

Nice work Witha that's a solid healthy looking fish :thumbup:  

Congratulations on the PB too!!

Very well done and keep it up mate.

Good luck today on the Georges River.

Ian

P.S. I was showing my young fella the photos of the Social and he saw you and said "That's Witha"   

Haha! I feel honoured! By next summer your boy is going to be smashing the fish on hard bodies I can tell!

Thanks mate :)

Great catch Witha. Give me a yell next time you fish cooks. I'll come keep you company and hopefully land a few fish lol

Sounds good to me mate! Let you know next time I head out!

(Also an open invitation to anyone who wants to come for a fish, keep the community spirit goin after the social :)

Great work and I've seen many videos on youtube where people land big jewies around that area

Keep at it I'm sure you will get one

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Thanks mate :) hoping hours spent and lessons learnt will pay off. Always a good day on the water regardless!

Good fish mate !

That is a true elbow slapper of a Whiting. Great fish, thanks for sharing.

Sounds like the other half is a keeper as well.

Cheers

Paikea

Thanks guys :)

And yeah Paikea she's pretty great! Her only gripe is that our days off don't coincide enough to go together!