rock fishing little bay

james3210

Mate

If your asking that question you probably shouldn't be going.

No one here can give you an answer with any certainty. It all depends on the day and your own judgement on the day should be the only way to determine whether its safe for you or not.

Guest no one

In my opinion... yes,

if the following equipment is used - life jacket, cleats, tied to the rocks, crash helmet and swimming badges 10m, 20m, 50m, 100m, 150m, 200m, 500m and the one with the blue whale on it.

You might think i'm taking the piss but i'd say 90% of people who die off the rocks cant swim or dont know how to swim out of it! Main thing is dont swim against a rip swim sideways out of it.

Dude if youre keen to go then i'd say yes the conditions are not too bad. but sit and watch the swell for at least 10 minutes! You'll be keen to get down there as half of China will be fighting to get into that spot but you really need to watch for 10 mins before you fish!

I fished Maroubra north at a 1m swell and got hit by 2 rogue waves in a row, lost 1 rod and $400 worth of gear. You gotta watch the water!

post-30931-0-47101700-1400832738_thumb.jpg

Guest stephanb79

In my opinion... yes,

if the following equipment is used - life jacket, cleats, tied to the rocks, crash helmet and swimming badges 10m, 20m, 50m, 100m, 150m, 200m, 500m and the one with the blue whale on it.

You might think i'm taking the piss but i'd say 90% of people who die off the rocks cant swim or dont know how to swim out of it! Main thing is dont swim against a rip swim sideways out of it.

Dude if youre keen to go then i'd say yes the conditions are not too bad. but sit and watch the swell for at least 10 minutes! You'll be keen to get down there as half of China will be fighting to get into that spot but you really need to watch for 10 mins before you fish!

I fished Maroubra north at a 1m swell and got hit by 2 rogue waves in a row, lost 1 rod and $400 worth of gear. You gotta watch the water!

You are 100% right when we go down south to black head we do the same sit there and watch what the water is doing

Arrive at 2pm to watch the swell and after 10 minutes decided not worth the risk :nono:

Saw one guy spinning on the north side, looks very dangerous to me especially

with the incoming tide and he was alone. Hope he stays safe. Just before I get down to the ledge, two guys from Melbourne

were spinning for kingfish with no result.

Guest no one

I was watching the waves hitting Jullianes from outside BB... looked normal - as in seriously unsafe. Swear the Rescue helicopter kept flying out that way too!

I was watching the waves hitting Jullianes from outside BB... looked normal - as in seriously unsafe. Swear the Rescue helicopter kept flying out that way too!

The helicopter base is just a km or so south of Little Bay...