my first fishing report

hellcorner

Went fishing with my 12 year old son, he's not really into fishing, he likes exploring the bays, for wildlife ( reptiles generally).

He told me that he has never seen a soldier crab, so we launched at Berowra Waters and headed to Refuge bay.

While waiting for the tide to drop, we picked a mooring and soaked some baits and got a berley trail going. I flicked some plastics around with no luck other than a missed hit.

Put a sabaki on for the young bloke, and the bait fish were everywhere! Including garfish, Very encouraging. My son caught a herring and a yakka, then his first snapper. He was so excited that he caught his first snapper, even though it was the size of his palm.

We ended up with a yellow fin bream and a tailor, both a little too small.

We moved back near Bar island, and had a quick drift, I caught a 43 cm dusky. That was just landed, & out of the corner of my eye, I saw the other rod twitch. I said" it's yours"

My son said "nothing there dad, WOAH , and he winds in a very cranky 43cm dusky!

So I called my wife and asked if she felt like fresh fish for dinner. She said she had a roast cooking, so I let them fight another day. I was a bit annoyed that people were fishing on the pontoon when we got back, (they even had chairs out) and bearly moved so people could launch and retrieve without being impeded. Other than that small issue, we didn't let it ruin an awesome day out.

I was a bit annoyed that people were fishing on the pontoon when we got back, (they even had chairs out) and bearly moved so people could launch and retrieve without being impeded. Other than that small issue, we didn't let it ruin an awesome day out.

Don't you just love people who are so helpful. Maybe casually tying a rope around their chair would wake them up. Oops, sorry, I though that was for tying our boats up.

Love the pics of your lad, the smile says it all. Another keen angler!

Cheers

Paikea