Bait Tank Pump

Rodb73

Hi Raiders,

I've just set up and plumbed in my new bait tank. The only thing left to do is plumb in the pump.

My question to all is;

With the kit I bought came a through hull pump. Should I use this setup or should I avoid going through the transom and use a transom mounted pump and pickup please?

All your thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers

Rod.

make the inlet 20 mm short off the bottom of your hull and use a peace off heavey duty air hose with a 45 degree angle cut at the bottom fix the hose to your inlet pipe and face the 45 forward.this will stop damage when hitting floatys cheers gary

make the inlet 20 mm short off the bottom of your hull and use a peace off heavey duty air hose with a 45 degree angle cut at the bottom fix the hose to your inlet pipe and face the 45 forward.this will stop damage when hitting floatys cheers gary

What a great idea!

Cheers

Paikea

Put in a plastic gate valve 19 or 13mm the type used for garden watering system in the hose .Regulate water flow + stops water flowing through system when running at speed picking up rubbish in pump .Easy done , cut hose above pump intake, gate valve, stainless clamp both ends done. :fishing1::clapping: