Longy King

Basil D

Headed out for snapper this morning, first time in open seas in the bark but strangely I could see where I was going , A friend of mine promised to show me the area so I couldn't resist , Plan was to Berley up and fishing sunrise, so we Berleyed up and we Berleyed up till 10am and no snapper so I had enough and said lets go to what all the commotion is about as there was a few boats in one area,

when we got there we sounded out the area and it really looked good with a massive bait ball underneaths us.

Also there where 2 charter boats and a pro hardliner killing it, it looked like he was using slimies.

Armed with pillies and cuttle pieces I used a jig head to get me down there and managed to pull this fellow up, happy days, sushimi time .

Great day out, great company and discovered new spots. .post-8352-0-54693000-1401357542_thumb.jpg

Nice work mate, great fish! We were at Longy on Sunday, caught and released rat Kings only. I was really dissapointed to see a pro boat doing some sort of long-lining thing, keeping all undersized Kings. It wasn't just the pro's, we also saw another two boats keep a few undersized Kings caught on lures while we were there. Really sad to see....Anyhow, don't want to spoil your party, it's lovely Kingy fillets for you :-)

very nice fish. well done

thanks

Nice work mate, great fish! We were at Longy on Sunday, caught and released rat Kings only. I was really dissapointed to see a pro boat doing some sort of long-lining thing, keeping all undersized Kings. It wasn't just the pro's, we also saw another two boats keep a few undersized Kings caught on lures while we were there. Really sad to see....Anyhow, don't want to spoil your party, it's lovely Kingy fillets for you :-)

I did notice he was keeping everything but cant say for sure what he was keeping from a distance , I kept on the outer edge of the reef.

Nice Kingy Groper! how big did he go?

just under 80

Great work I'm heading out on Saturday to hope fully get some nice kings like that one

Cheers sydneyfisher12

should be a good day but weekends its a car park.

Nice kingy mate but what was his size?

Cheers scratchie_junior

Just under 80

Basil, good feed there.Bet the sashimi was tasty, better than a red in my eyes.

Any other fish for a long day at LONGY

yeah we caught a couple of fish, nothing special

Healthy looking King there Basil :thumbup:

cheers

Thanks penguin

not a bad looking king there groper

Thanks Gazza

Great catch mate

That's a great kingy

Bad luck on the snapper

Great feed well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would have been good to get a few reds as well but always next time

Sorry mate But I have to take you to task on the comment that the pro was taking all undersized Kings.I don't know why people keep on saying this as its not true but it sounds good to bash the pros though.I fish with a pro mate sometimes with a rod and line and he has to obey the size regulations as any fisho does.Its not worth his licence or fines to take undersized fish.He can be mercenary though and keep any just legal which you or I would through back.

Sorry mate But I have to take you to task on the comment that the pro was taking all undersized Kings.I don't know why people keep on saying this as its not true but it sounds good to bash the pros though.I fish with a pro mate sometimes with a rod and line and he has to obey the size regulations as any fisho does.Its not worth his licence or fines to take undersized fish.He can be mercenary though and keep any just legal which you or I would through back.

No, that's alright, I can take it and to an extent you are right, no disrespect was meant to the pros - I am sure that most pros will adhere to the rules, like you, I have also known some pros - My experiences have been somewhat sour though, pros incidental catches such as Blue Marlin, not released as they should be but instead, pushed through the transom mounted mincer for Tuna berley, nice. I didn't see the pro measure any fish so I guess some may have been kept that were slightly under and of course, keepers as well, the risk you take to keep as efficient as you can and keep dragging them in....Anyhow, absolutely no disrespect intended but I do know what I saw that day.

Mate well done that's a King worthy of the name. Sometimes all it takes is one good fish to make the day ! I know id happily fight one 80cm king rather than say 10 good size bream.

I've been wanting to try longy for a while and was wondering if anyone could PM me some GPS marks for the reef ? Any generosity would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sam

Mate well done that's a King worthy of the name. Sometimes all it takes is one good fish to make the day ! I know id happily fight one 80cm king rather than say 10 good size bream.

I've been wanting to try longy for a while and was wondering if anyone could PM me some GPS marks for the reef ? Any generosity would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sam

It certainly made my day.

Basil