great day around sydney

Sydneyfisher12

gday raiders

today the plan was to head out to long reef hoping to get some kings with the fisherman6784

got to drummoyne at 7:00am and headed straight for long reef

rounded north head and it was very rough a lot of chop but no wind and only about a meter of swell

got there and there were two fly guys and a few other boats on one spot got over there dropped the plastic down and got hit by a nice 60cm king got noting much for about 20min and then i landed a bonito 45cm with a king following it trying to eat the jig out of the bonito mouth had a tangle on the plastic so he swam off

for the next hour nothing so headed back to the harbour decided i would troll north head again had my halco out for two minutes bam reel screaming line pick the rod up feel head shakes and then slack its gone :ranting2: bust through my 40lb leader tried a bit more trolling but got nothing

thought we would try chinamans beach for anything that showed up we both put on 16lb leader and a single hook no weight i started burleying with cubes and after about two minutes i got a nice trevally 31cm then the fisherman6784 got a 29cm trevally.

i was putting out some more pillie cubes and a kingy came up and smashed it tried to get it but it must of been spoked or something

anyway got a nice bream 34cm and then i hooked up to a nice talior and got him in and a little rat king was following him in chucked a few cubes out and he smashed them the fisherman6784 bait and ran we got him in and he had a follower too i droped down my bait but he just nosed it and then got spooked

then the bite went off and we wanted to try one more spot just to the left of middle head burleyed up again and the fisherman hooked up to a nice bream 35cm but it was really fat then he got a nice trevally and i got a 28cm bream

after that we headed home after a great day on the harbour

we got a nice bag and a great feed

cheers sydneyfisher12 :fishing1:

post-33466-0-95077900-1401586880_thumb.jpg post-33466-0-90463600-1401586897_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-74428600-1401586919_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-13125000-1401586942_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-53527500-1401586968_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sydneyfisher12

Great stuff guys.

I had lunch at Drummoyne ramp yesterday

I saw about 50 cormorants fly together towards the west end of the bay.

Heaps of gulls were there too.

I drove around to the park and the birds were working hard on baitfish.

Great stuff guys.

I had lunch at Drummoyne ramp yesterday

I saw about 50 cormorants fly together towards the west end of the bay.

Heaps of gulls were there too.

I drove around to the park and the birds were working hard on baitfish.

Yeh we saw that to but we couldn't figure it out at the boat ramp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cool

Thanks mate

Well done fellas.

You certainly got around today.

Cheers

Thanks mate took a bit of moving but came together as a great day

Yeh definitely a great and bad day (if u know what I mean sydfisher)

Got a great bag of fish and heaps of fun

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was really fun on light gear and I know what you mean