Port Hacking - caught a feed

Yowie

After 2 weeks of driving around NSW, good to come home and head out for a fish.

Fished up from Lilli Pilli in the deep from first light. Pulled out the 2 tailor of fish strips and the reddie on a squid strip.

2 kingies swam into the burley trail a few times, would leave then return a short time later. Probably a bit under size. One of my handlines took off at speed, and after a few seconds was frayed on a rock, suspect it was one of the kingies, which did not return after that.

As it was low tide, pumped a few nippers and waded the shallows along the main channel for the 2 flatties. Also pulled out a better one at 64cm, measured it and sent it back - no photo. That was enough so headed home.

Retrieved the nippers by bouncing them across the bottom in shallow water, the flatties were a bit sluggish only grabbing hold of the nipper and not moving until the sting of the hook in the mouth made them wake up.

post-13153-0-05166300-1401851599_thumb.jpg

Slowing down, not as many fish to be seen swimming over the flats now, but still there are a few about. Just need to put in more time.

Very few other boats about either, after sunrise a few move about. Might be too cold for some before sunrise.

A good drop of rain would help as well.

hope you had a good holiday. Nice feed there you always come home with something.

Looks like you will get your wish for some rain next week. May try again myself next week

if the sees are flat and the wind stays down.

Your catch is making me envious

I know the feeling travelling around not knowing where and how to fish.

the blackfish were just starting to get interesting at Como before I came away so brought a couple of meals in the freezer. they might still be biting when I get back but hope I catch a fish before then.

Bruce

Good read.

Heading to the port this weekend. We camp at Bonnievale every couple of months.

I fish from the spit for flathead. Thoght about taking the boat this time as I have never done that before.

Not real sure about the the "boat ramp" that is there. Looks like a little bit of challenge getting the boat down to the water.

Any experience with this?

Cheers

Jim

Good read.

Heading to the port this weekend. We camp at Bonnievale every couple of months.

I fish from the spit for flathead. Thoght about taking the boat this time as I have never done that before.

Not real sure about the the "boat ramp" that is there. Looks like a little bit of challenge getting the boat down to the water.

Any experience with this?

Cheers

Jim

No Jim, don't know about it.

The flatties are thinning out, so more time may be needed to catch a couple.

Dave.

Your catch is making me envious

I know the feeling travelling around not knowing where and how to fish.

the blackfish were just starting to get interesting at Como before I came away so brought a couple of meals in the freezer. they might still be biting when I get back but hope I catch a fish before then.

Bruce

There are blackfish cruising about in the Port in various places, though I don't fish for them. I catch the occasional one on nippers when fishing for other fish.