There still out there

Crossfire63

After a week of pestering I finally surcumbed to a mates constant requests to go for a fish on the Central Coast last night, So after spending two hours in traffic with drivers who quite frankly couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dogs back side with a frying pan, we arrived at our pre selected spot.

We no sooner pulled up in the carpark and the sky's opened up. You know its raining when the pockets of your wet weather gear fill up with water. Un purturbed we set off through the driving rain and 30km Southerly and got ourselves set up. 30 minutes later we're fishing. 20 minutes later the first Jewie arrived on the beach. Just a baby around 70cm's so he/she lives to tell the tale of the two yellow aliens who dragged him out of the surf, kissed him and set him free.

Gear re rigged and set again. 10 minutes later and both rods have gone off and we've pulled in two more Jewies around trhe 12kg mark.

Now the weathers starting to turn really ugly, wind picking up and raining harder and the tides really starting to run out hard. Decissions decissions. Oh well we're here we may as well keep going. Everything went quiet for about 90 minutes and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........my mates young bloke has gone to sleep under the tarp. Leave him there he'll be fine and the tides about to turn .

Rig up two more rods and smack on the turn of the tide ........bang.... another Jewie 1.4m @ around 14kgs .......Gave it another hour with nothing. We're both cold and wet so its time to pack up and head off home .

Not a bad session 3 keepers and 1 soapie.

Some pics to come later when my mate figures out how to use his new fangled I phone

Edited by Crossfire63

Excellent report, what a cracking session, looks like I'll have to get my beach rod out of mothballs and hit the North Entrance beach gutters again.

It will be easy to pick a similar tide, phase of the moon but hard to emulate that torrid south easterly, rain and action created in the gutters by the wind.

Slabs of sea mullet seems like the premier bate by your results. Did you jag any tailor or salmon as they are usually present this time of the year.?

Howsy

Excellent report, what a cracking session, looks like I'll have to get my beach rod out of mothballs and hit the North Entrance beach gutters again.

It will be easy to pick a similar tide, phase of the moon but hard to emulate that torrid south easterly, rain and action created in the gutters by the wind.

Slabs of sea mullet seems like the premier bate by your results. Did you jag any tailor or salmon as they are usually present this time of the year.?

Howsy

G'day Howsy

Tried for some Salmon or Tailor, even had the big gun rod and reel ready to go, to run one as a live bait but alas not a sign of one, and from what I could see no one else was getting any either, although a couple of weeks ago the sea was black with them

Edited by Crossfire63