Off Cronulla

grandad

Left the wharf at 5-00am, a lot of floating debris in the water, I took it steady till I got to open water. Sea was too sloppy for my little boat to get up on the plane, took it steady to the middle ground, Caught 2 Teraglin one undersize, First light saw me moved on by the toothy tackle stealing critters. Stopped at the wanderers, and was kept busy with lots of Sweep and a few very small Nannygai. The sounder was showing Fish everywhere but I think it was all small baitfish. Went for a troll and picked up the Stripy just before the Wave Rider Buoy. Turned around and tried a few spots off the Lighthouse on the way back, plenty of Butchers and Flower pots but no keepers. Stopped on the sand off Cronulla for 2 Flathead. One spat out a small Flounder, the Trag had what looked like small puffer fish in its gut about 10mm long. Nice day out but not much for the table. Back at the ramp for 12-00.

post-12725-0-01235600-1402554378_thumb.jpgpost-12725-0-98274600-1402554379_thumb.jpg

Edited by grandad

Hey Mate, nice catch on the Trag, I've been wondering if they were about's anywhere off the reefs down cronulla way but never come across them down here. Do you see them often?

Cheers

Have caught them, but infrequently. Don't seem to get the calm seas anymore where I used to fish all night.

And they seem to move around, dont seem to catch them on the same reef on consecutive nights.

About 30 yrs ago evening trips for trag and tailo,r plus odd jew and reddie were our favourite trips.

I was probably in one of the other boats out there when you were out.

Had intended to try a few night trips this autumn but holidays and other things got in the way.

Will try and do it next year.

Bruce

About 30 yrs ago evening trips for trag and tailo,r plus odd jew and reddie were our favourite trips.

I was probably in one of the other boats out there when you were out.

Had intended to try a few night trips this autumn but holidays and other things got in the way.

Will try and do it next year.

Bruce

Between Jibbon headland and the Bommie used to be like a car park.

Pulled a couple of good Jews out of there.

Same at Osbourne Shoals.

Have caught them, but infrequently. Don't seem to get the calm seas anymore where I used to fish all night.

And they seem to move around, dont seem to catch them on the same reef on consecutive nights.

Thanks mate, good to know they do exist down our way anyways. Well done again.

R

We used to catch trags off the old wharf on Watts Reef. Used to used live poddy mullet as bait.

Well done on your catch, sure wish I wasnt working today.

J

Edited by Jocler