Canal Bream

Sydneyfisher12

gday raiders today i had the day off school because i needed to have some dental work done anyway after that was going to fish the tide change for a jew but i missed the tide change so i went for plan b to fish the canal i went to the local bakery in haberfield and picked up some bread ive found thats it all the bream will eat in the canal headed down got there around 1 o'clock and walked over to my usual spot but it was about 30cm deep because it was the bottom of the tide so i moved up the canal a bit to try find some deeper water i set my lines about half way up the canal a rigged up a SP but it was still to shallow so i moved even closer to the end of the canal near blackmores oval the fisherman6784 said he caught some bream here once so i thought i'd give it a try i set the lines and then casted my SP which was a Z-man 3 inch minnow in bright pink with a 1/12 jig head i casted it all the way t the other side of the canal so i walked over the bridge to get it back i had just taken it off the snag and i hear drag screaming off one of my rod i run so fast i don't think ive ever run this fast i got half way and it had stopped running i walked over to see what had happened the line broke :ranting2: it was 20lb braid how this thing must off been big this was no bream if it was it was a giant maybe a stingray or a big flatty i set up again and put my lines out 20 seconds later line running off the reel pick it up gone get another five more takes all missed but when i bring it in the bait is still there next take i decided to give the fish time it took one run and i left it then it took a second run i picked it up and i was on got a nice little bream 26.5cm it had a lot of fight in it :Dpost-33466-0-58567100-1402649192_thumb.png i must of got 10 takes but missed them all they were all in one spot so i moved a second rod over to the spot i got a fish on one rod and then while i was fighting it i got another hook up on my other rod striked it set it down double hook up :D got both of them in one went 23cm and one went 24 cm post-33466-0-39343200-1402649291_thumb.png got a couple more takes and then landed another one going 27cm :Dpost-33466-0-14027000-1402649349_thumb.png then the bite slowed down and just before i left got the last fish of the day at 30cm post-33466-0-60662900-1402649419_thumb.png all of these fish were really healthy and fought a lot harder than the average bream the rig i used was a running sinker rig small sinker swivel and a small bait holder hook and 16lb leader the reason i used this is because i forgot my net and needed to lift the fish up i mostly use 6lb i find the best time to fish is the last 3 or 4 hours of the run in tide and 2 after that but i aways catch something there regardless of the tides all in a great days fishing ALL FISH WERE RELEASED cheers sydneyfisher12 :fishing1:

Edited by Sydneyfisher12

Fished that canal a few times as it's the closest spot to where I live, those are cracking bream for that area! Biggest I've ever managed was under 20 cm. Good job man!

thanks adamski me and the fisherma6784 fish here and our average size fish is 28-32cm my biggest is 39cm and the fisherman6784's best is 41cm

Great work mate

There some great bream mate

Very small apart from that last fish

I'll try get down there soon

Anyway great work mate

Maybe we can go next weekend and good luck on the boat tomorrow, looking forward to your report

P.S. I've hooked a decent flattie in there (on bread) and also hooked a stingray on that SP, remember

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great work mate

There some great bream mate

Very small apart from that last fish

I'll try get down there soon

Anyway great work mate

Maybe we can go next weekend and good luck on the boat tomorrow, looking forward to your report

P.S. I've hooked a decent flattie in there (on bread) and also hooked a stingray on that SP, remember

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i was thinking it was a flatty or a stingray if i get any thing ill put up a report