SBTuna & Sydney

scaffsta

Hey guys just wondering what some of you think about the SST charts just wide of Sydney.

Plenty of chatter of good water off eden & bermi & looking like good season already but the way its looking off Sydney is almost similar. Im tossing up whether to take the boat and launch off bermi or wait & see what the charts show in the next couple of days and pehaps head out off Sydney instead.

About this time in the last two seasons we were getting them off Sydney. What do you guys think love some feed back on this.

Cheers Steve

post-14348-0-66035500-1402967832_thumb.png

Hey steve we found them on 29 of june last year around that edge of that water so I think there could be some blue fin in it so I will be definitely be giving it a crack subject to weather of course

might be going out on Thursday as well, as per normal I don't have a concrete plan yet, I am thinking of putting the lures in just inside Browns and making my way to Heatons or starting at Browns then Southern Canyons then Heatons

probably troll 2 lures really long at 12-15knts for a while looking for signs, birds, current lines, temp breaks, etc and if we come across somewhere that looks fishy i'll drop the full spread out there

happy to share on 21, our call sign "Happy Hooker"

Peter

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Good to see some positive feed back guys, this is what good forums are all about, some great guys on fishraider.

I will be out there nice and early on thursday, hope the weather is kind & theres fish about & ill be more than happy to share as well.

Mad Racket on 21 :-)

Cheers Steve

Edited by Madracket

Great looking water south guys off bermi down to eden... heard of liners getting a fair few 80 to 150kg cleaned. The full moon should bribg em on.. well they do down in vic anyways... ill be heading out when ever and where ever they pop up.. ill jot down what I hear.... cheers

We'll be out Thursday - Sailfish Cat, Reel Game, Ch 21 - Happy to share if we come across any.

Cheers

Secho

hey secho and raiders we will be out on Thursday- Sailfish Cat,Sailfish,ch21 good luck to all will call on 21 if we find em

Sailfish

Well much to my disgust I just got told by my boss I have to work tomorrow & he cant do without me, I hate my boss now.

I hope all that are heading out tomorrow have great success & ill be thinking of you all out there tomorrow.

Goodluck guys look forward to the reports

Sadly Steve :-(

Well much to my disgust I just got told by my boss I have to work tomorrow & he cant do without me, I hate my boss now.

I hope all that are heading out tomorrow have great success & ill be thinking of you all out there tomorrow.

Goodluck guys look forward to the reports

Sadly Steve :-(

that's a bummer, I am not sure if I can make it either now, but still hopeful. Saturday looks ok, not as good as tomorrow.

I predict if go out tomorrow I will catch nothing :)

A mate said to me once don't wait for the news go out and make some, if the weekend pans out weather wise im going & probably bottom dong browns aswell.

Havent had a feed of Blue eye or gemmies since last year, either way it will be good to get out there.

Cheers Steve

Don't bother with the blue fin they are not here yet. Most of the longliners are at bermi, only one has been fishing north at coffs only a few rats and big eye. Besides they are in 1200f anyway. Current has been at least 3kt at the mountain.

Edited by finin

Don't bother with the blue fin they are not here yet. Most of the longliners are at bermi, only one has been fishing north at coffs only a few rats and big eye. Besides they are in 1200f anyway. Current has been at least 3kt at the mountain.

Bugger

Copy that finin. Fish arnt here yet and it's been my experience so far that it ain't worth going off Sydney till the first frost of winter. As yet we haven't come close. Give it 2 weeks and you'll have something in return for your fuel bills. IMO of course. Mate of mine living in Ulladulla has had 3 jelly beans to 8kg and worked hard all week with only reports a few blues caught from a long liner mate of his over 60 Nmile the yft normally turn up a few weeks after the bft but the drawn out warm spell has got it ass about for now. He swares by the fish hitting Ulludulla at the first snow fall at Jindabyne thats his marker for his area that it's cold enough. Just a little quirky food for thought.

Hardtop660, some extremely cold air should be here by next week unless the high pushes it down and holds. Behind that is another low with nothing but clear skies and more cold air.

Maybe a big season with what's coming or not.