Yamaha outboad

darynxbcoupe

Hi There,

I have bought a Formosa tomahawk centre cab 580 still in production. It has a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke F115A I have people telling me it will only do 25 knots and other people telling me it should reach 33knots with medium load.

Can any one tell me from experience what sort of speeds it will reach?

Cheers Daryn

Hi Daryn, the second figure will be much closer to what you should expect once you get the new girl. Enjoy it and let us know what she goes like when you get it. I would not listen to people saying she will only 25 Knots.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Daryn, the second figure will be much closer to what you should expect once you get the new girl. Enjoy it and let us know what she goes like when you get it. I would not listen to people saying she will only 25 Knots.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Huey,

Thanks for that, I was considering the Suzuki 140 but the dealer said there wouldn't be much difference as the Yamaha was the better choice.

Daryn

great choice of boat. I have the tomahawk 550 bowrider with a yamaha F 115 on it. I get 35 knots out of it with two onboard fully trimmed up. Having said that I have been looking at upgrading to a 150 for skiing and bisciuting as we loose a bit of power in tight turns. Dont get me wrong the 115 is great for fishing and we hit the shelf and beyond when the weather is right but I do think its alittle underpowered when skiing. Have a look around not much difference in price between the 115 and 150 at the moment.

cheers

Denis

Daryn

great choice of boat. I have the tomahawk 550 bowrider with a yamaha F 115 on it. I get 35 knots out of it with two onboard fully trimmed up. Having said that I have been looking at upgrading to a 150 for skiing and bisciuting as we loose a bit of power in tight turns. Dont get me wrong the 115 is great for fishing and we hit the shelf and beyond when the weather is right but I do think its alittle underpowered when skiing. Have a look around not much difference in price between the 115 and 150 at the moment.

cheers

Denis

Hi Denis, thanks for the info If I can get 32 knots Im happy with that.

Cheers Daryn