New To Boating

t_viney

hey guys ,

so I've just gone and bought me a boat for the fist time finally ) and just want to get some good tips on keeping it in good condition as in what to to after we have a good day out and what to look out for , the boat I've got is a quintrex 445 estuary angler with a 40hp mercury

T-Vinny Flush the motor with fresh water , rabbit ears over the water inlet are the easiest method.

Chech the gearbox to ensure the oil is in good condition , if white then water is entering through one of the seals , most likely the main drive that operates the water pump.

If considering a service suggest Hewett Marine at Cowan. They have been dealing with Merc's for many years & will give you a good idea of what , if anything is required to be repaired

Geoff

T-Vinny  Flush the motor with fresh water , rabbit ears over the water inlet are the easiest method.

Chech the gearbox to ensure the oil is in good condition , if white then water is entering through one of the seals , most likely the main drive that operates the water pump.

If considering a service suggest Hewett Marine at Cowan.  They have been dealing with Merc's for many years & will give you a good idea of what , if anything is required to be repaired

Geoff

65209[/snapback]

thanks geoff will do that :thumbup:

cheers Tony