Should I be filling up for tomorrow?

tommychucka

Honestly forget it boats have been everywhere for no fish. Coupla marlin 1 fin. Save your money boys they are not here yet!

M8s had 1500 hooks out for 5 fish on a longline.

Edited by finin

Been listening to Ch.21 this arvo. Not much action at all. Will call up some mates who are currently cubing shortly.

Was going to go tomorrow, but will now probably give it a miss.

Edited by Crusher

I'll be out Tomorrow. Even if it's for a zero it's still a nice day out on the water. If everyone sits at home waiting for everyone else to catch a fish first the season may never start. Gotta be in it to win it boys. I'll be on 21 "serenity now" more than happy to share Info if I find fish.

Hey mate

Haven't been out there but I was at watsons bay at the Sydney game fishing club and at the weigher, I saw the board and it said

SPECIES: yellowfin tuna

WIEGHT: 47.5kg

Don't know how long ago this was caught but that's what the board said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your out there tomorrow target Marlin. Lots of small stripe tuna about. The blues must be snacking on those. We went 0-0-0 for the day, but more marlin than tuna from the radio chatter

Unfortunately no good news to report guys. I was at Browns by 6am and got back at 6pm for zeros. I trolled the whole day except for a one hour drop at Browns. Nothing much happening on the radio until sunset when i heard one or two boats caught some fin on the cube. It was also pretty choppy until after lunch. Good luck to anyone who ventures out wide. Best water i found with lots of birds and dolphins smashing bait was at S 33 58 524 151 48 066 E which was about 9nm NE of Browns.

Unfortunately no good news to report guys. I was at Browns by 6am and got back at 6pm for zeros. I trolled the whole day except for a one hour drop at Browns. Nothing much happening on the radio until sunset when i heard one or two boats caught some fin on the cube. It was also pretty choppy until after lunch. Good luck to anyone who ventures out wide. Best water i found with lots of birds and dolphins smashing bait was at S 33 58 524 151 48 066 E which was about 9nm NE of Browns.

I was at the exact spot on Thursday, we found a temp change there and hooked around 10 small striped tuna around the area, all small. Bound to be something bigger turn up, maybe a marlin or 2 still hanging around.

I'll be out Tomorrow. Even if it's for a zero it's still a nice day out on the water. If everyone sits at home waiting for everyone else to catch a fish first the season may never start. Gotta be in it to win it boys. I'll be on 21 "serenity now" more than happy to share Info if I find fish.

yeah same, I am going to get late start tomorrow and fish the arvo. Every time you get a good day weatherwise and you can make it out, you take it, who knows what will turn up.

about 10nm NE of Browns looks pretty good, lots of little stripped tuna there on Thursday, bound to be bigger stuff in amongst it.

Did pretty much a full day wide. Little bit of chatter on the radio today and as far as I can tell there were about 50 boats out and a about half a dozen fin plus 3 or 4 blue marlin. Plenty of gemfish on the mountain plus a few blue eye. Most fin hooked east of browns between 5 and 20 miles. Wind,chop and swell a bit nasty out wide but we were in a 6 m trailer boat watered between 19.9 and 20.6 all day everywhere. Plenty of small striped tuna around browns and a few schools of sauries. At one stage just wet of browns we could only run 2 lures because they kept getting hit by the small striped tuna.

Water looked ok for the most part and it got better the wider you went.

All in all an average days fishing.

Good luck tomorrow.

Fished out wide of browns today. Not a strike on the lures. Stayed out till well after dark. on the way in found a small temp break in about 500m with some good marks at 20 - 40 m cubed for an hour but current was running way too hard. Zilch and 1 gem fish

Same for us trawled a total of 125 miles 15 miles NE and se around Browns for nothing. My sons 11th birthday today so had to pick him and his 6 friends from rosebay at 1530 just to take them for a quick spin near the heads, saw some birds diving and put the lures out for 3 big stripes and 9+ Salmon in a hour

Ok not a YFT but 7 happy boys and a least some fun after a long day

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks heaps everyone for the feedback. I didn't end up heading out but sounds like it was a beautiful day on the water. Still sounds like there arn't may fish around. I think the fact that there are still some dollies around is a bit of a put off on the bigger Tuna but that's just an opinion. I could be completely wrong....