Where's Favourite fishing in NSW?

dnmn8r

Hey guys

I've got a week off at the end of July and a mate of mine wants to go on a camping/fishing trip. I'll be dragging my tinny along, but only in a 2wd.

Where would you fish if you had a week and the entire state?

South West Rocks.

Ditto

Although with a 2wd and a tinnie Narooma and it Lakes are good too

South west rocks looks good, the weather there looks a good 5 degrees or so warmer than where I live, so I feel like going north is now a preference.

Patonga

This looks great for camping, I'll have to see if this is too close to home to actually count as a "trip" though

At this time of the year , heading north is perhaps the best option.

Pt Stevens is reasonably close , a little further Nth , consider Harrington , just past Taree , or Crowdy Head

If South , Currarong or Bermagui.

Geoff

Can't say I have tried a lot of places so I won't go as far as saying its the best, but I grew up around Ballina and there are plenty of locations around there on the beach, as well as plenty of places off the breakwalls, sand spits at the mouth of the river and south Ballina. Very touristy town so plenty of places to stay.

Also with the highway upgrades its only about an hour south of the gold coast now so if the other half wants to go shopping while you fish that is an option as well :)

Forster.If the winds up fish the lake for Flatties and blackfish ,Out the front in the washes for Bream and Pigs,Night time Jew on the breakwll.And Salmon and Tailor off the beaches.

Just my 2 bobs worth though.

Forster.If the winds up fish the lake for Flatties and blackfish ,Out the front in the washes for Bream and Pigs,Night time Jew on the breakwll.And Salmon and Tailor off the beaches.Just my 2 bobs worth though.

I'd go Forster for blackfish. The Breckenridge Channel,

If you surf as well, Crescent Head and the beaches down to Plomer fish well for tailor, bream whiting and Jewies .

If you jump the fence to Qld, just in time for the Tailor run on Fraser but its 4wd

Edited by Ryder