Sydney Harbour Bridge or Newcastle Tyne Bridge

snatcher

I do like Sydney Harbour Bridge and have walked over it a few times. Do you know it has a baby brother here in the UK ? It is known as the Tyne Bridge and links Newcastle - upon - Tyne to Gateshead. The Tyne Bridge opened in 1928 and Sydney Harbour Bridge opened in 1932.

Yours is an awesome bridge without a doubt but I think ours is prettier :sun: What do you think ?

IMG_5243prc_zps6cd9cc58.jpg

John

I know what you mean about the location Scatchie :sun: Used to love having a beer or three in the Opera Bar watching the boats and ferries going by - and the fruit bats at dusk !!! Used to love the bars in the Rocks area :drunk: We went into the Hero of Waterloo,Glenmore Hotel (rooftop bar) and the Australian Hotel quite often.

John

Prettier, prettier? for a bridge! It is only lumps of metal stuck together. Come on John you've got to be kidding.

But love your pic mate, as to you visits to our pubs I should warn Raiders that they need to be careful having a drink with you as one or three is never enough! Good to see you posting on the site.

Cheers Mate

Paikea