Calabash Bay.

oackie

headed out from berowra waters marina at about 10am sat and fished just about the whole system for only a few bites and alot of :beersmile: 's. headed back in at about 4pm and gave Calabash bay a go and with in an hour we had 3 tailor to 30cm, 3 bream to 32cm 2 soapies to 35cm and 2 kingies to 38cms.

i'm no expert but getting kingies this time of year and that far up berowra creek seemed to be a little strange?

anywayz i'll be heading back out there next weekend for sure!

headed out from berowra waters marina at about 10am sat and fished just about the whole system for only a few bites and alot of :beersmile: 's. headed back in at about 4pm and gave Calabash bay a go and with in an hour we had 3 tailor to 30cm, 3 bream to 32cm 2 soapies to 35cm and 2 kingies to 38cms.

i'm no expert but getting kingies this time of year and that far up berowra creek seemed to be a little strange?

anywayz i'll be heading back out there next weekend for sure!

65484[/snapback]

you got any pics oakie.........?

pags

I have actually been brocken off by what i suspected to be kingies down at Crosslands reserve in my kayak :ranting2: (on 4 pound bream gear ).

Laurie :1fishing1:

65739[/snapback]

:1yikes: now thats even more crazy, i have fished crosslands a few times (live just up the road) and haven't even got a bite.i hear a few stories from old timers about big bream and flatties but these stories are going back a while, but never one about a kingy.

kingies in calabash?? surprising, but hey thats fishing. 2 weekends ago spent the weekend at bar point fishing the area. Great weather but the water temp was still down. Fishng around bar island picked up 4 port jacksons to 65cm in under 50mins. Thought that was a bit strange. (but i was more upset about not hooking on a jew. All weekend there total hours spent fishing - 8, jewies - 0.......