Fun on the rocks!

G'day raidars haven't made a post in a while but I hope you enjoy!

I finished early from school yesterday and before I had to go to footy training I decided to take some slimies down to the rocks and chuck a fillet out whole.

I get to my destination and rig up with an unwaited slimy fillet. I was chasing some snapper like I caught the day before which is on my dad scratchies post.

I chuck out my first bait and within about ten seconds there was a big tug on the line. I wind my line in to find a gigantic squid! Unable to catch it I chuck my line out further and after about 5min, zzzzzzzzzzzz I was on to something big! After my dad joking me and a nice 45min fight on a 6-8kg rod we see colour but all i pulled up was a 40-50kg eagle ray!

post-33875-0-18809400-1406767935_thumb.jpg

I was a bit disappointed but I was destined to catch another snapper. I chuck my line out and tap tap BANG! I was on again but onto something a little smaller and what I wind up is a nice little bream about 28cm.

post-33875-0-09510600-1406768065_thumb.jpg

All up nothing else and sore arms!

Hope you enjoyed

Cheers scratchie_junior

Yeah well done Ty. It was great to come down and see you on something big! There were calls from Jew to big snapper. You played it really well and even drew a crowd of tourists. It's a shame the head shakes you were getting were because it was hooked on a flap.

Well done little champ :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Very nice mate! That's a huge eagle ray, well done on fighting it in even if it wasn't the right species! Great little rock area you've got there keen to see what else you guys pull up!

Cheers

Witha

Good work there Junior on the eagle ray.

Now you have to land one on a hand line, that is a bit more fun again. :074:

They certainly pull hard on the line, even better if they jump out of the water.

For the record, I couldn't let the boys outshine me, so this arvo I went out and caught a bigger squid but smaller snapper! Competition in our family is great. But there catching me really quickly!

Cheers scratchie!!!

For the record, I couldn't let the boys outshine me, so this arvo I went out and caught a bigger squid but smaller snapper! Competition in our family is great. But there catching me really quickly!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Haha mate, I know the feeling all too well. I consider it a given that the young bloke or the mrs will out fish me these days!

Nice one scratchie jnr[emoji106][emoji106] nice squid and report. Good to see your enthusiasm for fishing is as large as dads. Keep the reports coming mate. Cheers spotieanddotie. [emoji476]