Browns Today

oziodin

Browns Today .

Got out early today put the Boat in at Roseville Boat Ramp 5:30 am . motored thru the Fog & the dark. the fog hadn't set in motored out thru the heads and about few kilometres of the head the fog lifted nice going 20 knots ! calm sea as well really enjoyed the ride watched the sun rise ( about 12 mile) finally arrived at Browns 7:15 am and all ready about 15 Boat there ( The Mako Comp was on ) the sea was quiet calm anway dropped the 6 pound led and line over the side and with in 15min first hook up. 450 meters down after 10 min of the Electric working hard to bring my first Blue Eye up to the surface ( only a small one ) but none the less my first blue cod .how good was this ,Awsum !. Than the going went a bit slow go another bit but Mr Shark decided otherwise & about 350 meter line as well, bugger #@%$&%$ !. rigged up again still had plenty of line left rigged up again 30 min later same again ( sharked with another 250 meter line shorter) I wasn't interested in catching a shark . rigged up again but next drop I could only get down to 350 meters no more line to get to the Bottom, lucky I had a 80lb Braid 1000meter spool spare in the boat got enough line on the electric did another drop. next hook this time I got a bite only Half Gemfish came up. and did few more drops tried few different spots . There is some very unconsidered fishoes out there balloons every where you just had to go slow and watch out but some of the boaties just sailed over cut line of others from what we head on channel 21 about 10:30 got my Biggest Gem Fish 110 cm nice one had my limit and my buddy also bagged out so off we went to 12 mile tried some jigging for Kingfish after 1.5 hour and nothing to show and very sore arm's & shoulders we decided to call it a day and head back in going was a little slow as the water was getting sloppy, got back in loaded the Boat onto the Trailer than cleaned the fish, After a Top day on the water & good Company, I'm now sitting down hooking in to some nicely Fresh cooked Gemfish the wifey cooked make all worth while . after We cleaned the Boat so it ready for the next adventure witch most likely will be Hair Tailing next week as the weather forecast doesn't look good to going offshore .

if anyone haven't been Gem Fishing before put it on your Bucket List .

Cheers Oziodin :fishing1:

great work mate you got some nice fish there im sure they will make a great feed

how many boats at the most did u see all up

also good luck with the hairtail make sure you have live yakkas thats what they were smashing at the hairtail social for me

cheers sydneyfisher12

Great stuff there mate! Good to see you managed a few! That jigging is certainly hardwork. You should have tried closer at the peak. It's a little less jigging :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Question for you on the jigging.

Do you guys jig top to bottom?

Or just bottom to say 20 - 30M up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Question for you on the jigging.

Do you guys jig top to bottom?

Or just bottom to say 20 - 30M up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We try to work the area the fish are in. If it's 100m and we are sounding the fish at 80m, we'll work from the bottom to half way up and drop again!

HI . YES SAME WE GOT BIG GEM FISH NO BLUE EYE AND LOTS OF SHARKS . WE HOOKED ON A TIGER SHARK HE LOOKED ABOUT 200 KG + BUT WE LOST IT AT THE BOAT AFTER 2 HOURS AND WE GOT IT ON THE WAY UP HE TOOK THE FISH WE HAD ON .ON THE WAY UP.

post-4522-0-72385100-1407799356_thumb.jpg

BUGEJA great to see good catch Browns seemly is very productive at the moment , nice out there on a good day just wish the weather would be more Favourable at the moment and the wind would die down so I could get out there again .

BUGEJA great to see good catch Browns seemly is very productive at the moment , nice out there on a good day just wish the weather would be more Favourable at the moment and the wind would die down so I could get out there again .

YES IT A GOOD SPOT WHEN THE WIND IS OK THERE WAS A LOT OF BOAT LAST SAT AND A LOT OF SHARKS AND THE GEM FISH WAS A GOOD SIZE.I WAS OUT THERE IN JULY AND GOT SOME GOOD SIZE BLUE EYE COD ONE WAS 18.5 KG AND 1 WAS 16KG BUT LAST SAT TO MANY GEM FISH. CHEERS. PHILL.