C-map or navionics maps

NaClH2OK9

Hi Raiders I'm in the final stages of choosing my new gps combo unit (probably lawrance hds touch or simrad evo2) the choices are further complicated with bundle options which include maps.

I have searched the net and it seems c-map and navionics both have their advantages and disadvantages depending on location.

I have navionics on my phone which is ok but I don't know how this compares to a full blown pro map.

Also I have no experience of c-map or the built in mapping on either unit.

As prices range from $0 to go with inbuilt +$150 ish for bundle c-map or $350 ish navionics (there may well be other bundles I've missed)

What are your thoughts and experiences of these maps?

Money is tight so I want to spend it wisely and get the best return for my investment. I may also hold off on the extra map for now and look at a fleabay option later if there is no saving on the bundle or limited improvements over standard.

I'll be fishing mostly from the hacking and upto 5-10 K out (when the weather permits)

Thanks

Steve

Thanks tasksta. Huett marine said the same and at $100 on my bundle price it became a no brainer. I'd get my money back flogging it on eBay if I didn't like it. Just as well too as I've broke the bank going for the nss12 :P

Edited by NaClH2OK9

No just the standard tranny but the accuracy and resolution after the HDS is amazing. I swear i can mark a single slimey in 40m.

Best thing is the functionality combo of the touch screen and the rotary knob its so quick and easy to use. Touch a point, zoom in with the knob its just so nice to use.

Enjoy!