Customizing

Katoe

Hey all

Wanting to customize the old girl (5m Fibreflass Pride Palamino) and add one of the baitboard/ Live bait tank combo's

Does anyone know a place in Sydney that they would recommend?

Cheers

Katoe

You can get someone to fabricate a tray out of alloy with a 20 to 30mm lip to sit the bait board/tank in , And bolt it to the rear of the boat in front of the motor, But I would also have legs to take pressure of the rear mounting wall. This bracket can also be removed .

Guest Aussie007

Katoe have a good think about the LBT size 35-40L tanks are very heavy if your looking to get something custom done try aim for a tank around 20-25L, my last boat had a transom like yours with the seats on the side i placed a bait tank in the middle and found it hard to get up and stay on a plane my LBT was 35L on a quintrex cruiseabout 5 meter boat

this is how i had mine mounted, if i had the option back than for a custom tank i would have gone for a 20L tank

post-3154-0-20505700-1408867394_thumb.jpg

You could mount the Prowave or a Baitmate in front of the motor , just ensure the height or position is such it does not interfear with the motor when it's raised like your picture.

Some other alternatives build the tank into the rear deck or even the seat with a hatch so the seat can still be used, Have a seperate baitboard across the motor recess.

There is another option of having a tank that can be slid out from under the deck then pushed back when not required but one of the fuel tanks would need to be relocated.

Geoff

Thanks for your advice guys you now have me pondering the idea now of turning the rear seats into a kill tank and live bait tank. Then mounting a bench seat across the back with storage underneath. Also mount the baitboard elevated on legs so the engine can still tilt. I'm running a 90hp at the moment would these mods cause to much back end weight.

Rough guess as to how much these mods would cost to get done.

Cheers

Guest Aussie007

Thanks for your advice guys you now have me pondering the idea now of turning the rear seats into a kill tank and live bait tank. Then mounting a bench seat across the back with storage underneath. Also mount the baitboard elevated on legs so the engine can still tilt. I'm running a 90hp at the moment would these mods cause to much back end weight.

Rough guess as to how much these mods would cost to get done.

Cheers

Katoe, i just noticed with the bait board/tank u posted a pic of doesnt come with pre drilled holes u could fill it up the full 40 litres and see how your boat handles, u could always attach the fill drain fittings at a lower level if u feel it makes the boat ass end heavy or even add automatic trim tabs which will get u up on a plane, use less throttle, and save u a fortune in fuel with that v4 90hp lol

when u test the boat take along a couple mates to sit in the rear seats with a full LBT tank this is what i done and my mates had to keep moving forward on the boat to get us up on a plane before they could sit back down