harbour yakking

REELCRAZY

Hi raiders,

went for a yak session last week before work. launched at the mariner near spit bridge around 7am . headed out to the moorings off clontarf beach and picked up a few bream on plastics. saw some bust ups near the end of the point and threw poppers with no takers.

did the usual drift over the flats towards the lighthouse west end of washaway beach and picked up a good flattie on a small stick bait. picked up a small trevally on lightly weighted squid hanging out the back.

started throwing hardbodies at the rocks around the lighthouse and landed a fat tailor on my new duplex lure. pulled out a few small salmon then got hit by a stomper while throwing small plastics on 6lb. had a few good runs in him then over the side fir a quick photo.

tried a drift along washaway beach for nothing then headed for home with a few last casts at the rocks for another small salmon. back at the mariner around 12.

All fish were released

post-34513-0-85369400-1409054273_thumb.jpg

Nicely done

i was in my yak, on the same day, and launched from the same spot.

Left about 2pm and went for a paddle trolling 2 hardboddies (2m and 5m deep). Paddled to balmoral, in front of middle head, around to washaway and back to the spit. plenty of stuff on the sounder but no takers. Was more a paddle session as the weather was awesome.

hey witha, yeah i wear full length skins top and bottom, boardies over top and a long sleeved fishing shirt( berkely, tackleworld etc) . waterproof jacket for the early morning, and a thick beanie. more about clothes that dont hold water and keep the wind off.