Raymarine A78

Jamestown

All three brands mentioned are very good with each offering something the others do not. Depending on budget, the Simrad NSS Evo2 is the pick of the crop at present for everything it can and does do. Used the NSS-9 during the week on a new Extreme with the CHIRP transducer and it was an awesome bit of gear and with the ability to use touch and button is a big bonus. It was very rough the day I tested this great rig and if it was just a touch screen unit you could not use it in such conditions. Also have the ability to add LSS-2 for structure scan is a huge bonus and great in Hawkesbury/Harbour/Botany etc.

I stock and sell all these brands and you would be happy with any of them just more so with some brands than others.

Cheers,

Huey.

Instead of getting every one telling you theres is better because its what they chose check other forums about the good & bad & dont be afraid to ask questions in relation to the work you will be giving it.

or just listen to me I have Garmin & its the best :-)

Brett

Have you made a decision yet? Im in the market too. Thinking of these so far.

Raymarine a78

Lowrance elite 7 chirp

Garmin 70dv

They all look good to me. I heard the garmin dv is pretty good regarding image quality. No chirp.

Raymarine have them all built in from what i have gathered. So no extra box required.

Lowrance needs another transducer for chirp.

So bit confused atm!

Hi Dave, all those units you list do not require an "extra box" for DI. Also Lowrance does not need another transducer for CHIRP, but it is only in 2D-not DI. The A78 is the pick of the crop due to being CHIRP in both 2D and DI and the Garmin is not CHIRP unless you get the expensive "extra box' as you put it. The Raymarine and Garmin are priced another level up from the Lowrance Elite range so you would want them to be better which they are.

Cheers,

Huey.