BEWARE Mooney Mooney boat ramp unsavoury characters

timmy180883

Hi Raiders,

Just a quick update last weekend.

On Friday 6th Sept I put my boat in @ mooney mooney boat ramp, the carpark is still under construction. (there was only room for about 4-5 car and trailers in a temp spot), so I parked my trailer on the road next to the ramp (there was quite a few trailers already parked there), I was aware that it is a bit of a hot spot for thieves stealing trailers, so I locked the trailer and wheel.I spent 2 nights at bar point, it was crap fishing obviously but enjoyed the drinking. Sunday Morning came back to mooney mooney and noticed my trailer wires cut at the harness and then back both lights, I was pretty angry, I had to drive home to Penrith with people beeping telling lights are not working out the window getting the shits. I will never park my trailer over night at Mooney Mooney again.

Also can anyone please tell me if I need to rewire the trailer or can you solder and heat shrink the joins together. Attached are pics

Thanks

post-34255-0-90277500-1410133303_thumb.jpg

post-34255-0-77584200-1410133332_thumb.jpg

post-34255-0-80334300-1410133361_thumb.jpg

Guest stephanb79

Cant beleave that shit !!!! Should go there and sit in the boat near the bridge and wait for them and as soon you see the quickly go back and cut there hands off I hate that stuff !!! We work hard for our pride and joy and they want to come and steel it

We have the crimp connectors with the glued heat shrink, heat shrink, and one tape (rescue Tape), etc.

We can show you have to use the heat shrink connectors correctly etc.

Roadrunner Parts 9607 5774 we are at Prestons (Liverpool)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The trouble is if you catch them and take the law into your own hands you go from being in the right to being in the wrong. Best let the police know and they can keep their eye out for what is clearly a bunch of dogs off the street.

Guest Aussie007

the person responsible probably cut the wires because u had security on your trailer and he or she couldnt nick it

those car cameras are coming more handy these days being tiny u can get little video recording cameras that will record for hours on end just sit one on your parcel shelf inside the car (where the rear stereo speakers are) facing the trailer and you'll be able to see who is doing what

Guest stephanb79

the person responsible probably cut the wires because u had security on your trailer and he or she couldnt nick it

those car cameras are coming more handy these days being tiny u can get little video recording cameras that will record for hours on end just sit one on your parcel shelf inside the car (where the rear stereo speakers are) facing the trailer and you'll be able to see who is doing what

thats a great idea

• 1 year later...

Hey guys I might be heading up the coast next week over night, is Mooney Mooney any safer these days or an I best going in at Apple Tree ?

Cheers,

Mark

I would put in at parsley bay. I have done many times, left it overnight or two and never had a problem. Mooney is too accessible by the freeway and invites any type of character there.

Suppose this is a good time to mention my step fathers misfortunes last year (6months ago now). After working on an old timber navy boat for months and having all sorts of work done, while it was moored in Tascott thieves took a dinghy out to the boat, boarded, then proceeded to remove the exhaust and literally everything on the boat that was metal including the old irreplaceable Navy plates. The police were notified and we were told that they have been conducting surveilance in Brisbane Waters for some time now as some losers have been going around to every boat and taking everything shiny and dumping it in the bush on a secluded point for later removal and selling to the reckers.

Sorry to hear some idiots done you're trailer in and it especially makes me angry because I'm sure they would be around my age and I am bloody sick of people making a bad name for the rest of us young blokes trying to live a respectful life!

I would put in at parsley bay. I have done many times, left it overnight or two and never had a problem. Mooney is too accessible by the freeway and invites any type of character there.

Suppose this is a good time to mention my step fathers misfortunes last year (6months ago now). After working on an old timber navy boat for months and having all sorts of work done, while it was moored in Tascott thieves took a dinghy out to the boat, boarded, then proceeded to remove the exhaust and literally everything on the boat that was metal including the old irreplaceable Navy plates. The police were notified and we were told that they have been conducting surveilance in Brisbane Waters for some time now as some losers have been going around to every boat and taking everything shiny and dumping it in the bush on a secluded point for later removal and selling to the reckers.

Sorry to hear some idiots done you're trailer in and it especially makes me angry because I'm sure they would be around my age and I am bloody sick of people making a bad name for the rest of us young blokes trying to live a respectful life!

Thanks guys appreciate the quick replies!

Sounds like a good idea to avoid Mooney Mooney.

It's a real shame in this day and age we have to worry so much about this sort of bs!