North Narra 6th Sep

macman

G'day,

Fished North Narra on Tues night. After nailing a nice squid at 9.00, fished from 10-12pm. Was a beautiful night but fishless, alittle too much weed on the beach at the moment. Just enough to cause trouble. Didn't get so much as a touch even when not weeded up.

The formations aren't really much good at North Narra at the moment, I was really just on a trial mission to make sure my gear was all up to scratch for the summer, about to do a MO order, so I'm going through all my tackle etc.

I actually fished the overhead the other night and it was very enjoyable, I usually use the Alvey but the last few times have tried the overhead, certainly a more comfortable way to fish.

Matt

I've never had much success beach fishing though I must admit that my technique is probably pretty naive.  What do you target?  The big jew on a slab of mullet /slimey or table fish on smaller baits?

66030[/snapback]

The squid baits are for jew, although I've tried whole fresh mullet, slimey fillets and yakkas over the years.

Matt

was thinking of a Narra session soon too Matt, but now may wait for more info on better formations.

66201[/snapback]

G'day Hooch, yeah hit the rocks for a squid or two

Darryl, its tough when you have to just turn up on a decent tide and hope for the best, I am determined to catch some fish this summer, so I will be looking for different spots, I'll let you know how I go.

Matt