Last few weeks: Cooks river SP and Girlfriend teaching.

Witha

G'day raiders!

Been a while since I've posted as having the gf move in and starting a new job has been hectic, but to soothe the tress I've had some nice sessions with the gf and solo plastic fishing in the cooks. So here's how it's gone.

Been making a concentrated effort to nut out some spots on the cooks for jew and bream, no real luck on the secret silver but have been having a heap of luck on the bream and flatties.

Managed to get down for a dedicated finesse bream session a week or two ago on a little patch of sunny weather that finally coincided with a day off work! My little nitro/sustain combo got a long awaited workout as i finally got my groove back with light plastics. Managed a few nice bream on zman 2.5 inch grubs in motor oil (such a great lure) fishing 4lb braid and 6lb leader on a 1/20 hidden weight. d23ed8b07589c20f203924c1d7a2fd39.jpgc789c9260a3b2074d026dca2c23bb95b.jpg

also in that session managed to land a 40 cm trev who was absolutely dead set on running me up and down the banks! These fish just pull bream backwards just as you think you've tired them out they go for a longer run than ever! Great to give the drag a workout. That singing sustain is music to the ears especially after a few doughnuts before this!

So a week went by, and I finally managed to put my dollars aside for a sexy new jew combo: certate 2510r-pe and black label technical 5-12lb. This thing is smooth as. Although christening it wasn't quite how I imagined.... girlfriend noticed me going stir crazy and said "ok let's go fishing on your day off" (think I'll keep her guys)

So decided to keep her education going and throw some prawns at Bradley head (gotta pick the most picturesque places when I take her she doesn't like sewer pipe bridges...) she fishes like a champ and she eventually got her largest fish yet! Just as I was about to start some kind of pagan ritual to posiedon to get her a fish or she would murder me. A beautiful fan tailed leather jacket (I think?)

She also got a taste of pier fishing in Sydney. ..With a couple of blokes setting up and casting over her line on purpose. Oh well. I christened my combo with a cute little trev on a prawn. Hey its a fish!861478b3e5181dc5fb9929ba41531ecb.jpg01f918d56c7dc82cda669521d197a3f9.jpg8845e407509c507dc55e0a1272b4c0ca.jpga777fe905401db992fb833ca14eb2f38.jpg

After that session I gently told her that that kind of fishing wasn't quite a detox for me, and that some solo lure efforts in the cooks were definitely what the doctor ordered :P so took the morning to go chase some bream again. Had a cracker bite and within an hour had two nice bream and half a dozen dropped. Also as i noticed a piece of garbage floating by I tried to snag it with my lure by rapidly retrieving towards it (good old zman again) doing my own personal clean up the cooks program. As it got close a silver flash pummels it and races off! After a nice fight had my pb tailor of just shy of 40 cm. Don't see that many over the legal mark where I fish so it was a nice surprise and shows karma pays off!156d38e2e6ab9213b47cef3d66ab2948.jpg00f5111c8be4fc15d1956a34777daae4.jpg8c1be2a939a817a1a00835629127c7dc.jpg

My last session was yesterday morning, a dedicated heavy plastic session in the hope of another jew. Giving the certate combo it's first true workout. Damn it's a smooth setup glad I spent the extra bucks. Managed a bunch of flatties and dropped a 60 plus at the rocks, thing I managed to hook a school jew from the way it fought but dropped it when I tried hopping over a tree branch. Also spent some time climbing mangroves to get lures back as getting used to the rod led to some less than stylish casts.

Havnt been photographing man flatties as i usually try and get them off quick and get the lure back in the water but here's a couple of snaps :)f6c48627c56bc2c868148443c7f1947c.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/17/0c07d30a2e43ba8627ab4cf358b9a28b.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/17/a1bb06f61e6ac89289cdd8c2a7e4f333.jpg

Thanks for reading guys, gonna try and post session by session so it doesn't take half an hour to write and 10 mins to read!

Loving my plastic fishing at the moment and keen to meet up with some more raiders in the next couple of weeks :)

Cheers

Witha

Sounds like good sessions there and some lovely fish to christen the new rod. I need to get myself up to the Cooks a bit more as it's only 30 mins walk from where I live. Your girlfriend's fish is a fan-bellied leather jacket.

Thanks mate, definitely hit the cooks :) I'd love some company! Whoops fan bellied haha cheers man

2.5" Motor oil grubs always go hard! Great fish and great work :)

My favourite at the moment. Such a great action and they don't get torn to bits haha cheers mate

Good stuff Ben. It's always great fishing with your partner. Then you've always got someone to blame for the donut days! Lol. A few good sessions there. Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Cheers Jeff! Yeah I love taking her out. The other day she actually asked if she could learn soft plastics. ..Such a great woman and an awesome doughnut excuse :P hopefully more to come!

Withal nice effort there's a few guys who target Jew at night on Spey gear closer to the mouth of the river and do well! Trick to land asked Jew in the cooks at night is change of rides bridges with lights and a mullet run! Keep your eyes peeled when the poddies show up also hard bodies work well the rapala pilchard and mullet patterns in x raps can be deadly while the waters still a bit cool in the river really slow down the retrieves for the Jew I reckon another month and they will fire

Withal nice effort there's a few guys who target Jew at night on Spey gear closer to the mouth of the river and do well! Trick to land asked Jew in the cooks at night is change of rides bridges with lights and a mullet run! Keep your eyes peeled when the poddies show up also hard bodies work well the rapala pilchard and mullet patterns in x raps can be deadly while the waters still a bit cool in the river really slow down the retrieves for the Jew I reckon another month and they will fire

Thanks for the advice mate! My spot has been a bridge but I'm gonna go looking for more spots I think just not consistent even on the tide change. Cooks is chocker block full of mullet so I've been using lures that imitate that. Might dive in the world of hbs :) cheers for the input it's much appreciated!

Great fish you go there. Never fished the cooks river, wouldn't mind hitting it with the plastics.

Can be a smelly old over fished place and also a gorgeous little estuary in reckon give her a shot!

It's great to christen a new setup.

Some real nice fish and many more to come I'm sure.

Well done and I think she's a keeper.

Cheers.

No more ANL ? Did you ever work on the blower?

Yeah finishing up with ANL mate, but don't be shy of shooting me a message for special fishraider rates haha. Nah not on the blowers mate mostly horticulture in the nursery and some delivery and yard work. She's definitely a keeper man great value.

Tell the truth Witha. The G/F's out fishing you 10:1 :banana:

Mate I've been trying to hide it but you've sprung me. She's a demon and smashes me fish to fish every time :P