Favourite Fishing shows

Paikea

Of the current shows definitely You Fish, No pretension to the guys and they clearly know their stuff and fish hard to make the show.

My ultimate favorite though was the series "A River Somewhere" that Rob Sitch and Tom Gleisner did back in the late 90's, fly fishing some stunning spots around Australia and internationally. For me they really captured the allure of the sport just perfectly and I know a lot of non-fisho's (including my mum) who really liked the series which says a lot.

R

Where would I find the nz shows? Online I'm assuming?

Hi Stanton44, it was running on channel One for a while but haven't seen it in ages; for a while it was taking up heaps of space on my IQ box. But I'm sure you can stream/download from online. Definitely worth the watch, I've never dreamed of using 70+cm Aussie salmon (carwine) to catch monster kings. They also catch other species like snapper and sharks. If there ever was a fishing show for catching monster kings this is it!!

Cheers,

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hi Stanton44, it was running on channel One for a while but haven't seen it in ages; for a while it was taking up heaps of space on my IQ box. But I'm sure you can stream/download from online. Definitely worth the watch, I've never dreamed of using 70+cm Aussie salmon (carwine) to catch monster kings. They also catch other species like snapper and sharks. If there ever was a fishing show for catching monster kings this is it!!

Cheers,

Steve

Sounds like my sorta show!!! I'll be looking it up right now , thanks mate :)

Sounds like my sorta show!!! I'll be looking it up right now , thanks mate :)

No worries. Sometimes I wish I lived in NZ, the fishing is epic, but then I look at where I live & wouldn't want to be anywhere else. At least it's only a 3hr trip across the ditch!!

When you do get to watch it let me know what you think... Can't wait to hear the expletives!!

Edited by Fish-On

My ultimate favorite though was the series "A River Somewhere" that Rob Sitch and Tom Gleisner did back in the late 90's, fly fishing some stunning spots around Australia and internationally. For me they really captured the allure of the sport just perfectly and I know a lot of non-fisho's (including my mum) who really liked the series which says a lot.

I agree that "A River Somewhere" was a wonderful series, no hype, just the sheer beauty of the fishing environment with great dialogue and insightful observations of the art of fishing. Play it again I say.

Cheers

Paikea

I agree that "A River Somewhere" was a wonderful series, no hype, just the sheer beauty of the fishing environment with great dialogue and insightful observations of the art of fishing. Play it again I say.

Cheers

Paikea

Totally agree with both you blokes! Absolutely fantastic series and awesome scenery, but the absolute best part was that they were not trying to flog something, advertise a product or telling you that a piece of tackle was magnificent when they really knew it was crap!

Aaaah, the good old days :)

I know he can be a fool at times but I'm really enjoying ifish.. And it's on everyday aswell!

Paul is living the dream that's for sure

Yeah but he can be such a dag, and gets in wrong sometimes. Catching those big Murray Cod, he thinks they are trying to eat each other when in my experience they are just fighting over the same lure. He often fishes in situations equivalent to shooting fish in a barrel.

• 7 years later...
On 9/18/2014 at 8:56 PM, The Incredible Hull said:

Ultimate fishing show (NZ) is my favourite & no no no, least is iFish.

I gotta agree, if you haven’t watched ‘Ultimate Fishing’ on YouTube you gotta do it, best fishing show out there.