Brooklyn flathead

Daveo2160

Good job. I was there on Saturday drifting along the same channel. Picked up a nice 51cm flattie :biggrinthumb: I got him on pumpkin seed gulps on the run in tide about 3pm (I missed the run out tide). Set the witches hats as well and got a legal blue swimmer, but he was the only one so he went back in. This will be my first summer with a boat, so looking forward to the warmer weather

post-34194-0-84959400-1411358937_thumb.jpg

Wind direction can be a factor when drifting. It was quite windy on Saturday afternoon . I fished Berowra with no success (first time fishless in ages there).

Berowra has pretty much zero tidal influence and is massively affected by wind that's why you must use 2 anchors when fishing there. Current pours through the bridges and if you are being pushed in the opposite direction to the tide you won't get much drifting in the wrong direction.

I was up there on saturday Arvo fished all afternoon evening and up till about 10am sunday for 3 flathead to the 45 mark undersize tailor , a 30cm snapper and a stupid green eel , have to say hawkesbury seemed very quite on the weekend

Good job. I was there on Saturday drifting along the same channel. Picked up a nice 51cm flattie :biggrinthumb: I got him on pumpkin seed gulps on the run in tide about 3pm (I missed the run out tide). Set the witches hats as well and got a legal blue swimmer, but he was the only one so he went back in. This will be my first summer with a boat, so looking forward to the warmer weather

Thanks mate..that's a nice flattie u got as well