Weipa 2014

raysenior

Hi fellow raiders .just a quick report to rub it in. dhype .Gary brickman .ray junior .peter and our good fried Andy and myself.are in weipa on the first day of t his years trip .all having a ball.

tomorrow we go on a charter so hope to get into them .then Saturday we head down to boyds bay for six days .

7 species picked up today. Four new species for ray junior .two new species for Gary. Three new species for Andy .I'll try to update over the week .cheers snr

• 2 weeks later...

were back but now i need a holiday to recover great fishing great crew but not so great weather for fishing wide

ray will update soon but i can say long tails go hard on light gear and there was no shortage off sharks with a newbee andy getting a real work out and my knee is now stuffed from tracing cheers gary

Just wanted to pass in my thanks to Raysenior for the organization services he provided for the Weipa 2014 trip. This was an opportunity that I had dreamed of for many years and it lived up to everything I anticipated. Not only did I have a great time fishing but I met some new friends, really great blokes.

My personal objective for this trip was to catch my Top Ten new species, I left the trip with 8 of ten which was more than I expected. Here's a couple of teaser pics I have at my immediate disposal.

Awesome trip!!! Thoroughly recommended to anyone considering it in future. post-10884-14126735673323_thumb.jpgpost-10884-14126736344541_thumb.jpgpost-10884-14126736578812_thumb.jpgpost-10884-14126737144114_thumb.jpgpost-10884-14126737727693_thumb.jpgpost-10884-1412673988983_thumb.jpgpost-10884-14126740092557_thumb.jpgpost-10884-14126740311462_thumb.jpgpost-10884-14126740927233_thumb.jpgpost-10884-1412674112674_thumb.jpg

What a trip! Just recovered from all those days of fishing and laughing,,,

Had a ball of fun with the guys and all the great fish caught.... conditions was not the best this year but we all did well

Plenty of Dirty Sanchez (barracuda) smashing up lures and giving us all hell and a laugh

Ray senior with I say with fish of the trip - 18lb cobia... lucky bastard...

Good mate Peter landed some nice Barra and Queenies

Some great moments include seeing a huge bullshark come from nowhere trying to swallow my long tail tuna 1 meter from the boat while Gary / brickman was attempting to gaff my fish ... Scared the sh1t out of both of us... amazing stuff happens in wepia!

Casting and landing big longtail tuna on 4lb bream gear is also something.... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .... that wonderful sound!

Saw some new species this year, tusk fish, cock fish, cobia, splangled emperors, Leopard shark and a few different cods and mackerels + all the usual northern species.

Big thanks to Ray senior for organising another ripper trip and the bunch of guys who came along... Still smiling about some of the stuff said and things that happened there!

I'll post up some pictures once I get the from everyone's camera.

Cheers

Trung - BBC

Edited by dhype

• 3 weeks later...