Broken transducer

Mutt

Hi! Had a great day on the water on the weekend, coming back to the ramp heard knocking and found I had snapped the plastic casing of the transducer. Not the 'handiest' of people but can follow instructions...I would greatly appreciate any advice on what to do...

Cheers!5358e5a6359e2f30ddb3f35aab41a2b6.jpg3d824420f65a3e57ee1da061de0ed945.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I see you will have to buy a new transducer , Again this is just from word of mouth if you knock or bang your transducer, I have been told that this stuffs the transducer. If its one part of the boat you look after is the ' TRANDUCER '.

PS THAT HURTS.

Edited by chocolate

Hi mate. I think you will need to order a new transducer and replace it. That would mean that part that is broken there and the cable back to the unit.

Do you know what caused it to snap off? If that transducer was to strike something it should 'bump' up or down out of the way and not break, so the only way it could really snap like that is if something struck it side ways (left to right). It would be a good idea to find out what happened just in case it happens again. The picture shows some kind of a scrape on the mount which could be a clue not sure.

Thank you for your prompt advice and suggestions, I'll look at ordering a new transducer! I have no idea how it happened although the boat was anchored quite shallow and I'd say with some boat swell it's lodged into the sand. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

I had exactly the same problem a few years ago. I tried arildite and other types epoxies and they work for a few months but then break again. I ended up buying an epoxy putty, the type you kneed together and then made a ball around the base, once it went off it was like a rock and very strong. I used it like this until I upgraded sounders over a year later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dont bother with superglue, its water soluable.

Try using that twist together stuff.

But in all honesty go buy another transducer.
I ripped mine off on a submerged scrap of wood and it only cost $120.00 to replace it with a new one.

Would have thought there should have been enough "give" in the bracket / pivot screw / rubber washer assembly to allow it to rotate away (from whatever was pushing against it) rather than break. Thats how is set mine up. Might be worth checking if you install a newy so you dont have a repeat.

Cheers

Blood Knot