South coast pb flattie.

Busy-livin

I had originally planned to head out from ulladulla harbour but this wasn't to be!

Friday arvo boat on the back I shoot off from work in good spirit heading for lake Conjola but as I hit dapto I got pulled over by highway patrol! Turns out my trailer isn't regoed and hasn't been since may!!! Now I have only just got the boat a month ago and was waiting for the dealer to send the trailer papers but said good to go it's all regoed it's sweet! It os so sweet I got a 700 buck fine! And told to leave my trailer there... Dreaming I towed it home making some phone calls to the dealer who is now sorting it all out

Anyway after that I got down the coast late at night after going back home and down again! Only option of fishing the lake is in the family's hot pink caneo! Brilliant !

So today I was drifting the sand bars flicking a 4 inch minnow chasing flatties hour go by with nothing then I move to the main channel and wack I'm on and it's heavy! Up swims a nice and really fat flatty!

Problem being that I was so confident I would catch nothing I don't have a net do I!! So option was to paddle across to the shore! Through the old oyster lease so my heart was in my throat during that.

Safe to land and it's a 64 cm fat flathead and a pb for me by like 20 cms! Stoked !

She was released and swam away fine .

Paddle over to where I caught the big one and first cast and first rip up and I hook a 38 cm flattie.

Also released!

Good to see the lakes lizards are coming back and on the bite

I hope this means my soft plastic game is improving or was it the luck of the hot pink caneo!!!

Out again tomorrow to see what I can hook

Cheers jake

post-33687-0-09737100-1413012676_thumb.jpgpost-33687-0-94876200-1413012713_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...