Beware - Mongrels about!

Paikea

Like I suspect most Raiders do I park my boat in the street. As the street runs downhill I always make sure that I pull the parking brake on tight as I can and chock the wheels. I place them and then allow the trailer to back onto the chocks which stops anyone removing them.

Last week I found that some dog had let the brake off, fortunately the chocks held the trailer and no harm done.

I always try to get the near side wheels of the trailer parallel to the gutter hence without the chocks the rig would have ended up down the road probably destroying a couple of cars along the way.

Anyway, it has taught me a lesson and I now park the trailer so that it is angled into the gutter. So even with the brakes off and the chocks removed the gutter will stop it from running downhill. See pics below. (Sorry I did not rotate two of them)

Hope this will help other Raiders meeting the same canines.

Cheers

Paikea

You now what you call people who do things like this LOW LIFES, Yes you are lucky nothing happened , Its sad that someone inner sent could of got hurt . If anyone comes down my drive way at night towards my boat and my dogs peak out I just let the dogs out .

Hi mate. I reckon there is a padlock solution to fix that. I'll have to come round and have a beer to lubricate my imagination and we'll come up with something :)

As a side point. I don't have a brake on mine. I chock the wheels then tilt the motor back down with a piece of wood under the skeg.

Edited by NaClH2OK9

Paikea,

I park my van on my driveway, with a number of security devices. On each wheel I thread through a good quality chain and around the suspension, with a good quality padlock.

That way if some dropkick releases the handbrake, the chain through the wheels will stop the van rolling very far at all.

Sorry to hear about the local wildlife in your area!

If you don't already I would seriously recommend a towball cup lock as they might of been sizing it up to try and move it... A friend had a few things like this happen before coming home to find his boat moved a meter or so... I'm guessing the idiots realised it had dual wheel locks on the gutter side after they tried to steal it...

3On a side note.... NICE BOAT Paikea! :biggrinthumb:

Paikea,

one thing I did not mention, was if you add a hitch lock, you need to loop the chains around the hitch and lock them with the hitch lock. That way the crooks cannot unbolt your hitch then add their own hitch to the trailer and tow it away.

"I park my van on my driveway, with a number of security devices. On each wheel I thread through a good quality chain and around the suspension, with a good quality padlock."

"If you don't already I would seriously recommend a towball cup lock as they might of been sizing it up to try and move it"

"3On a side note.... NICE BOAT Paikea!"

I like the chain idea but what a pain to do that every time we park the boat.

I do have a Towball cup lock fitted. They are very good.

Thanks Marky for your kind words re my boat. I need to get out in it more often but that will start soon as I get back from fishing in NZ.

Cheers

Paikea

• 2 weeks later...

You now what you call people who do things like this LOW LIFES, Yes you are lucky nothing happened , Its sad that someone inner sent could of got hurt . If anyone comes down my drive way at night towards my boat and my dogs peak out I just let the dogs out .

Doubt my little shitzu terrior would do the job haha!!